Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Rental Saver price increase?

NorthPole
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 6

Line Rental Saver price increase?

I see from the ThinkBroadband forums that Plusnet are increasing the cost of Line Rental Saver from a monthly equivalent of £10-99 to £12-99 with effect from 10 June (i.e. total annual cost rising from £131-88 to £155-88). Will this also apply to existing customers or, as is the case with the new BB and phone tariffs also applicable from 10 June, is it for new customers only?
10 REPLIES 10
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Line Rental Saver price increase?

As the reported changes aren't official I doubt that you will get any confirmation of anything until there is a formal announcement
However regarding the LRS pricing it also gets a bit more complicated as there are a number of variants - I think I have them all
LRS with no calls included (current)
LRS with weekend calls included (historic)
LRS with evening and weekend calls included (historic)
NorthPole
Aspiring Pro

Just found this on the Plusnet main website:
If you sign up from 10th June, line rental will be £15.95 a month and Line Rental Saver will be £155.88 for 12 months in advance (equivalent to £12.99 a month).
So looks as though it applies only to new sign-ups.
NorthPole
Aspiring Pro

I decided to contact Customer Support, who advised me today that the upcoming price increase WILL apply to existing customers renewing LRS after 10 June. Unfortunately, it's only possible to renew one month in advance of the expiry date; so I will be looking at an extra £24 in August!
Oldjim
Resting Legend

That doesn't seem correct
However - and this is the important bit - does this help in your case
You can renew up to 3 months in advance by going to http://www.plus.net/rentalsaver
Actually I think I can actually answer the question
The increased LRS is in relation to an increased Line Rental
If this is going to be increased for existing customers there would need to be 3 months notice and we haven't had it
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi NorthPole,
I'm very sorry that you were informed that this was the case - I can assure you that it is not. I have fed this back internally to ensure that the advisor that you spoke to is informed that the information they provided was incorrect.
The new prices do not affect existing customers. As it stands - if you renew LRS after June 10th it will remain the same as what you currently pay.
Sorry for any confusion caused by this!
NorthPole
Aspiring Pro

Thanks for the clarification, Linn K, that's good news - if even your Customer Advisors get confused, imagine how it is for the customers!
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Oldjim
When I follow the link you gave I get this offer
"Pay for 12 months line rental up front for £137.88, equivalent to £11.49 a month, compared to our usual line rental price of £14.99 a month. "
Currently use Plusnet for phone paying monthly.
So more pricing offers available.

George
Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Oldjim
Resting Legend

That is because the new LRS price applies to customers taking the phone after the price change
Your phone tariff gives you the LRS you quoted and includes evening and weekend calls
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Well that explains the extra 50p a month as I had expected to see £10.99 or £12.99 a month equivalent. Shame the offer didn't mention it was including any free minutes in the terms box. No wonder I was slightly confused.
Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Oldjim
Resting Legend

I only know that because it is the one I am on but I think that this partly covers it
http://www.plus.net/support/phone/phone-product-archive.shtml
From memory these were the options
No calls included £131.88
Evening and weekends included £137.88
The new one doesn't include any calls