cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Rental Saver price increase within contract

glocal
Rising Star

Line Rental Saver price increase within contract

I've been on a 24 months Unlimited Broadband and Calls contract for 12 months and paid £125.88 for Line Rental Saver (LRS) for the first 12 month period which expires soon. The support team say the cost of LRS for the second 12 month period is now £137.88, which is even greater than the £131.88 currently advertised online. As my 24 month contract hasn't expired yet, the cost should remain £125.88. Otherwise, if I don't have a choice other than cancelling the contract at a cost to me, why wouldn't PN increase my LRS and monthly rental by 200%? Could you please look into this.
3 REPLIES 3
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Line Rental Saver price increase within contract

The reason it is cheaper on line is that your LRS includes evening and weekend calls and the online one doesn't include any calls which is  the reason that the addition of anytime calls is cheaper on your plan than with the on line price £4.50 as against £5.00 per month
Regarding your 24 month contract  - I assume that this refers to the broadband element only as the phone part wasn't discounted for the first however months
It will need a member of staff to comment on the legal position as I really haven't a clue and it rather depends on the terms of your 24 month contract
glocal
Rising Star

You are right about the free calls. It will be useful to know if the 24 month contract applies only to the broadband element. If it does, I could drop the free calls for a cheaper LRS. If as I suspect the 24 month contract applies to my telephony too, then I don't see how the price of LRS can go up mid-term. A comment on the legal position would be useful.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

The LRS is for a 12 month period so in this instance, is separate from the broadband side of things.
If you have entered into a 24 month contract, this will apply to your broadband service.