Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Rental Saver funds added against Fibre Extra payments

mexicano
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Line Rental Saver funds added against Fibre Extra payments

On 1st April I renewed LRS for £197.88 and my account was debited a few days later. Yesterday I found on my bill that the funds have been credited to my account and is being used to pay my monthly £5.00 BB bill. I was in credit last month with £4.32 so my bank account should have been debited with £0.68, instead it was debited from the LRS amount and the balance is now showing as a credit to my account for £197.20!

I phoned yesterday and spoke to a very understanding gentleman who said that he will contact the billing dept to correct this.

Can someone from the staff please check that my account has been corrected as I have had problems with billing for the last 6 months and I don't want any more trouble or having to phone while the Covid-19 is ongoing. I'm sure that CS have lots of other bigger problems to deal with.

A revised bill would be nice to see online as well.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

Re: Line Rental Saver funds added against Fibre Extra payments

@mexicano 

I don't want to disappoint you but this is a known problem. You will find many posts on the issue on these forums.

I have had this issue since I renewed LRS last October and so now have had 6 months worth of bills taken from the LRS credit. I have been told there is no resolution date known. It is just a case of waiting!

I also had the same problem last year after renewing LRS in October 2018 but that was sorted after three months but seemingly not properly as can be seen from the recurrence this year.

I too have suffered from and continue to suffer from various billing issues since the advent of the "new" billing system in September (?) 2018. I am beginning to doubt that Plusnet will ever get on top of things.

mexicano
Rising Star

Yeah I’ve read some of the other posts and I’m not encouraged by it. Plusnet seems to be going down very badly and can’t seem to fix itself either with billing or long waits on the phone but it’s still quite cheap that’s why I decided to stay. And of course the other providers like talk talk and Vodafone are even worse. 
Hopefully they’ll get round to fixing this and they don’t bill me again for the line rental saver. And I do have £197 credit to my account!

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @mexicano, thanks for getting in touch and I'm sincerely sorry to hear your recent renewal of line rental saver has caused this issue on your account. I'm afraid it is a known problem as @jgb pointed out and we do have a team working hard to get to the bottom of this issue occurring and working on a fix to resolve those accounts currently impacted. After working with other accounts that have had this issue I can confirm once it's resolved the £197.99 credit or what remains of it would be removed from your account and any invoices that needed to be paid over the period from when the LRS was renewed would need paying again. Essentially your account is currently in a stat of suspension as you may have seen regarding other billing issues currently. please rest assured however that once the issue is resolved we would only charge at very most the last 3 months of service with the months service ahead. By all means once you receive the notification for this higher than usually amount you'd expect to see then I'd advise getting in touch and we'll happily help where we can. There is a silver lining with these line rental issues/billing suspensions however, in that if this progresses longer than 3 months then you will effectively get free service for the invoices over our backdate period. I'm sorry again for any inconvenience this may be causing and by all means once you do see the credit has been removed drop us message and we'll certainly help where we can.

mexicano
Rising Star

Thanks BD. What a mess!!! I can't say that this fixed my problem so I guess all I can do is wait and see.