cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Rental Saver creating billing issues ... again

MartynGV
Dabbler

Line Rental Saver creating billing issues ... again

For the second year running paying in advance for the LRS has created issues with my account. I have copied and pasted last years comments as they are as relevant now as they were then.

"I have made my Line Rental Saver payment but there isn't a Line Rental Saver invoice on my account to match to the payment. As a result of this my account is now hugely in credit and this credit is reducing as it is used to clear my Plusnet Unlimited Broadband monthly charge.

This is all proving to be very frustrating and I hope that my account can be put in order. I have always been very happy with the service I have received from Plusnet and hope that this is just a blip."

I have to say that I am very disappointed to be facing this issue once again. I hope it can be quickly resolved.

15 REPLIES 15
jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

Re: Line Rental Saver creating billing issues ... again

@MartynGV 

I am in exactly the same position. Whilst the CS staff have this is hand via a ticket on my account, it is disappointing to say the least that Plusnet clearly did not sort things out properly last year to prevent the recurrence this year.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Sorry to hear this @MartynGV and @jgb

As you're both aware we're looking into this and working on getting this resolved

Apologies for any inconvenience this has caused

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
MartynGV
Dabbler

Can you update me on this please as I've heard nothing from you other than a response here. Matthew Wheeler stated "As you're both aware we're looking into this and working on getting this resolved" ... unfortunately, I'm not aware of anything that's being done as no one has been in touch.

As someone who has worked in finance and accounting for far too many years(!) I can't comprehend why this issue hasn't been very quickly resolved. 

ADCO
Fixes: 1

I too have this issue which has still not been resolved. I raised a ticket  #195829282 on November 5th. regarding Octobers bill and now Novembers bill has also been taken from my LRS. Tickets get closed after 14 days despite there being no reply apart from the standard " we are looking into this". I'm really surprised that this is so difficult.

jgb
Champion

@ADCO 

I now have this issue for the second year. Last year it took three months to sort it, and obviously, as it has recurred this year, that was not a full and permanent fix.

My issue is being monitored by a member of the CS staff on an open ticket (which also dealt with other billing issues on recontracting). I do hope that ticket is not closed until this problem is permanently fixed.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi all,

@MartynGV, @jgb really sorry that the issue is still ongoing, we are still working on it and we'll definitely let you know as soon as the issue has been resolved, as part of the work to fix this we'll re-activate the LRS contract for the remaining months.

@ADCO It seems to have been a different issue affecting your account's LRS details so I've forced that active for the remainder of the contract so that should take effect correctly on your next bill. I've added a personal ticket to your account so I can proactively check your next bill with you: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=196997139

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jgb
Champion

@adamwalker 

I certainly hope that the LRS contract continues to work for the remaining months  - it should run from 7 November 2019 to 6 November 2020. 

So far in this LRS period, it has "worked" for the first two bills on 7 November and 7 December and no monthly line rental has been charged. The problem is that the LRS payment has been applied as a credit to my account with no corresponding charge and so my account shows a large credit and no monthly payment for broadband etc., is being taken. Your colleague is continuing to monitor my account and is dealing wioth this matter via an open ticket on my account.

Ianro
Dabbler

Just going to bump this thread up again...

Yes, I’ve had this same issue for the last two years, LRS payment being incorrectly directed into my broadband bill, putting me massively in credit, while presumably my line rental has not been officially paid, but I do still have an active line to the house. I’ve had live support supposedly correcting this, but not. I’ve had a message (about two months ago) saying they’re sorting it out, but nothing’s changed yet. I’m still getting bills showing this credit situation.

As an aside I notice most other providers now don’t charge line rental separately and I wonder if there was an attempt by PN to do the same, but the finance technology let them down?Huh

It’s all very weird, but while everything’s working and I’m effectively getting free line rental I’m not going to bail out.

Ian
rippedoffme
Grafter

Having just recontracted and reviewed my first bill, I don't understand all the negative and positive credits or total sum. having gone through hell with PN for the first 4 or 5 months of my initial contract in 2018 without any compensation, I am hesitant to stir the water again as the services paid for appeared to be running smoothly ie services NOT billing. However I noticed that  LRS payment was being incorrectly being used to pay for my broadband etc. Looking through this forum it seems a common problem still / again.

I will be less than happy if I am suddenly stuck with a big bill or a lot of hassle again.

Can PN sort this out?

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @rippedoffme,

Thanks for reaching out to us over our community forums and apologies for the delay in response.

I'm sincerely sorry you are having trouble with the billing on your account specifically the bills eating in to the line rental saver credit and the possible outcomes. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused. I've now provided a further response over a support ticket on your account in regards to this issue. I'll be back in touch with you tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks.

petergil

I have just realized that like many others, when I thought i had purchased the line rental saver, erlier this year, in fact it now appears that what i actually did was credit my account with the amount equal to the line rental saver.  Plusnet have clearly known about this issue for some time but did not bother to inform thier clients of this fact.  So much for there excellent customer service.  I have raised this with customer services but after looking at the other posts on this subject.  there doesn't appear to be any resolution to this problem.

I expected that DD payments would be taken as normal.  I rely on the Plusnet DD payment to be taken out of my account monthly to ensure that i get the top rate of interest in that account.  By not talking out the monthly dd, Plusnet is putting me in the situation where i could lose out of getting interest on my bank account.  Presumable they will be happy to re-inburse me for the lost interest.

MartynGV
Dabbler

Just for the record, nothing has changed for me. It's now more than 3 months since I started this post. I certainly don't feel like a valued customer. I'm shocked that Plusnet don't appear to have the capabilities to quickly fix the issue and can't even be bothered to offer any updates on the problem. I've never worked in a company the size of Plusnet but in all my years of accounting I've never come across anything like this. 

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Thanks for getting in touch and apologies for the delayed response

@petergil I've been unable to locate your account via the usual means. If you can drop me a PM with your username and then post back once you've done so we'll get that picked up for you

@MartynGV I'm sorry to hear that you're still having issues. The relevant team are working on this to get this resolved as soon as possible

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
petergil

Hi Mathew, pm sent as requested.