Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Rental Saver being used to Pay Bills

amuckelt32
Grafter
Fixes: 2

Line Rental Saver being used to Pay Bills

Since renewing my line rental I haven't be charged via my Direct Debit as the line rental saver money is being used as a credit on my account. This has been reported via chat each month but nothing has happened to correct this problem. This is a ridiculous  situation as I'm gradually become more in debt to Plusnet. 

This is not the first billing issue that I've experienced! 

Does this issue count as a reason under my contract to leave Plusnet without penalty and receive the amount back that I'm in credit or am I stuck until my contract ends? I'm happy with the performance of my Broadband, etc. but these billing issues which lurch from one issue to another are really annoying. 

12 REPLIES 12
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: Line Rental Saver being used to Pay Bills

Hi @amuckelt32, I'm really sorry that you are impacted by this issue affecting a small number of our customers. Please be assured that we are working to resolve this.

Though you wouldn't be eligible to leave without penalty at this point, I have taken ownership of this for you in the meantime so I can monitor for the issue being resolved for you.

I have created a ticket on your account here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
amuckelt32
Grafter

Your replat was made 3 weeks ago and as far as I'm aware nothing has changed!

However, I note that I am now able to leave without penalty because you increased call charges in December 2019 without letting customer know they could leave without penalty. An email from Plusnet stating this received 5th February. I have a month to conatct you to confirm a 14 day notice period before I leave, Hopefully, I'll find a supplier who has a billing system that actually works! 

amuckelt32
Grafter

Having rechecked the email about the increase in call plan charges and see the special offer link at the bottom of the email, I've signed up to another 18 months at a cosy of £8 per month for Broadband! I still hope the billing issue gets sorted. I surpose that making this change may complicate the problem.

Anthony

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Thanks for getting back to us @amuckelt32

I'm pleased to hear you've renegotiated a new deal with ourselves. If you do experience any further issues with your billing, just let us know and we can take a look into this for you.

Regards

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
amuckelt32
Grafter

Thanks for your reply.

I have negotiated a new contract but my billing problem still exists. Today my billing amount was taken from the remaining credit from my LRS as it has been for the last few months.

I have a ticket on my account which is monitored each month, Plusnet reports back each time that I still have a problem. It is not clear when/if the problem will be rectified. From the replies to my post I am not alone.

Also, I have recently posted a new topic as I tried to change my call plan and your system indicated that my new payments would commence in a months time at a price which didn't take any account of the £12.99 discount agreed for the new contract. Hopefully, I have managed to revert the Call Plan in existence before the attempted change.

Regards

Anthony

KatieC
Pro
Fixes: 11

Hi @amuckelt32

I am sorry to hear this.

I have now addressed your query via a ticket on your account. If you have any further questions, please let us know!

Katie C
 Plusnet Help Team
amuckelt32
Grafter

Having been advised that new prices are shown excluding any discount I have now changed my calling plan. I will monitor my future bills to ensure all discounts are in place.

Thanks

Anthony

rhardwick
Hooked

Good luck with the LRS problem, I'm in the same boat and have been since last October.

I _believe_ this problem with Plusnet's billing system has been ongoing for roughly 16 months, so don't hold your breath whilst waiting for a fix.

amuckelt32
Grafter

I'm just waiting for my credit on the account to run out to see what happens then! It's annoying that I'm losing the cashback each month on my current account because of this error.

amuckelt32
Grafter

This is latest from Plusnet absolutely pathetic. They monitor each month but appear to not do anything. Surely this isn't a difficult issue to fix in IT terms!

Dear Mr Muckelt,

I have been monitoring your account due to an ongoing issue with Line Rental Saver.

I am emailing you today to advise that due to the COVID-19 outbreak I am no longer able to have ownership of this for you as during these times we are focusing our support on those customers that are vulnerable or have no working service.

I am really sorry for any inconvenience caused and would advise getting in touch should you experience any issues in the meantime.

Kind regards,

Lauren Barry

Your Response
9:59am, Friday 17 Apr 2020
This is ridiculous. There appear to be a number of people who have this problem which has been ongoing for some time. Before I retired I was an IT Project Manager and errors such as this would have had to be addressed urgently! This doesn't seem to happen with Plusnet who seem to just draft from month to month with the same problems outstanding. I assume that the next step will be to complain to Ofcom about your inability to produce accurate bills. I shall be checking to see what action can be taken with them.
Tibzor
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 25

Hi @amuckelt32

Thanks for getting back in touch. I am really sorry to hear that. Unfortunately this incident is still ongoing and we do not have any date yet of when this will be resolved. Our engineers are working on several problems with billing system so we are unable to specify when this particular incident will be resolved by them.

I can see that you have answered to ticket created by Lauren so she will be in touch with you later today.

I have read this topic from beginning and just to confirm, in current situation you are not paying anything for recent bills so you are not losing any monies, it is us who are paying for this problem with our billing system. You are not becoming more in debt to Plusnet as your account is still within credit.

I understand your frustration but can you please understand that our priorities as a company are to resolve problems with customers who are wrongly charged and are paying incorrect bills. Situation like yours, when you are not paying anything for moths at all is usually not generating any complaints or problems for customers. Most customers are happy when they have their services for months for free.

Once again, please accept apologies for this ongoing inconvenience.

amuckelt32
Grafter

As you will see from an earlier post I am losing money as I should be getting cash back on my Plusnet bills from my bank! I understand your current situation but this has been an outstanding issue since last October when I paid my last bill! 

Having looked at Ofcom I note that they don't handle issues for individuals but there is an option to fill in a form on their site so that issues with suppliers can be monitored.