cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Rental Saver and new contract for Unlimited Fibre Extra

DuncanM
Grafter

Line Rental Saver and new contract for Unlimited Fibre Extra

My line rental saver is about to expire in January about a month before my two year contract comes to an end. I see that Unlimited Fibre Extra which I already have now includes line rental at £29.99 for a 12 Month contract. 

How does this work with Line Rental saver ? If I can negotiate to get the £29.99 with the retentions team is there any point me paying for Line rental saver in future ?  

7 REPLIES 7
Leapy
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 3

Re: Line Rental Saver and new contract for Unlimited Fibre Extra

I had a similar problem as I signed up for an 18 month PN contract for £5 per month and did the line saver for one year. 

The lovey people at PN told me I could renew my line saver for another year and to contact PN Customer Services before the 17th month to make a future reasonable tariff, so I don't have the [-Censored-] to find a new ISP. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there,

It'd be best to discuss this with our Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632.

Having said that, if hypothetically you agreed an offer of £29.99 per month and then paid line rental saver, we'll reduce your monthly cost by the line rental so there's still a benefit of paying LRS.

It's worth noting that the offers at www.plus.net are for new customers and we can't guarantee we can always provide these for retention deals but I'm sure we'll be able to provide you with a competitive deal.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Brightonian
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Wouldn't it be good if Plusnet would offer an 18 month LRS option?

I have been with PN for a number of years and I can't be the only person who finds the generally offered 18 month broadband deals becoming out of sync with the line rental charges.

It appears to be a ploy to tie budget-concious customers into a 3 year contract with PN!
Leapy
Seasoned Champion

An 18 month line rental would make total sense and save customers having the bother to having to manage two different contacts with PN and their related extra admin and management costs.

PN could even discount the 18month phone line offer even more than the 12 month one as you  would also pay that in advance. 

Its dysfunctional things like PN's poor contact aligning that makes me look around at other ISPs in search of a simple good value contract, even thought I'm very happy with most other things PN related.

G3WYP
Rising Star

I had like many on here in an 18 month Broadband/Phone contract but paid 12 month LRS.

The LRS ran out next month but the Broadband/Phone early next year as last year I renewed the LRS early to miss the increase. When I phoned to see if I could get as good a deal as last year I was made an offer, not quite as good, which was acceptable and the agent realigned my contract so now they are both 12 months. So it is possible to bring them back in line when negotiating.

Derek 

Leapy
Seasoned Champion

Maybe PN should offer a six month extension line rental?

G3WYP
Rising Star

My view is this is a very clever sales ploy to keep customers.

It takes 3 years for the contracts to come into line unless the customer is willing to pay 6 months monthly line rental.

So a lot of people will renew the LRS for three years and PlusNet have kept them.

Derek