cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Rental Saver - Paid but still being charged £14.99 a month!

beckerman

Line Rental Saver - Paid but still being charged £14.99 a month!

Hi, its my first "post" on here, Im so angry with Plus Net not being able to solve a very simple problem.
Ive paid £137 ish for Line Rentail Saver with Plus Net, but still every month Plus Net take out of my Bank Account £14.99 for Line Rental. Ive made countless calls to support and loads of "tickets" on line. Ive been told its a known problem and has affected a number of customers but not everyone. In the mean time £14.99 comes out of my account, I have to ring them to point it out, then two weeks  later its returned. I hope someone can solve this problem and restore my faith in Plus Net.
Has this affected you?
Gary
6 REPLIES 6
newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Line Rental Saver - Paid but still being charged £14.99 a month!

I'm one of the "number of customers" Gary. i.e. paid 12 months' line rental upfront and still being billed monthly! There was also a problem with my monthly broadband discount too. In a nutshell my account was a shambles (still is!). The discount was sorted out but not the line rental issue. This was last year, around October. The LRS worked for a couple of months, from July, then for some reason the £14.99 line rental charge started  appearing on my bill. Roll_eyes
I don't know if there is a "fix" yet or if the number of customers it affects justifies a "fix" and the work involved.
The time they take to process the refunds is unacceptable too in this age of faster bank payments. Sad
beckerman

Hi newagetraveller,
Wow since October last year you have had to put up with this very frustrating mess!! Im thinking of throwing the towel in already after 3 months and joining another provider. (I've been with PN for about 12 years)
Ive spoken to my bank regarding the Direct Debit Guarantee which would mean your Bank would refund the total amount Paid via the D.D and then they would get their monies back from PN. Only problem is the over payment of £14.99 is lumped in with my Broad Band fee. So you would then have to pay for that or knowing PN they would disconnect the Broad Band even though its all their fault which they have admitted to. I know this wont solve the issue but why dont they just "switch us off" and then restart the process of getting the Line Rentail Saver active again? Or just tell the computer not to take the £14.99 each month.
Funny how no one from PLUS NET has offered any help. - They must be making some money at our expense, I wonder how many customers are affected, and PN getting free money for two / three weeks.
Going to ring Ofcom later and see what they say, then ring "Which" magazine, PN might not win so many awards if they knew how customers were being treated.
Gary
beckerman

Update - I have now spoken to Ofcom and raised a complaint, there is a process to follow, if nothing is forthcoming from Plus Net CISAS will get involved, they are an ombudsman.
Also rang "Which" magazine press office who do give Plus Net many awards. They were very interested and they may do an article on the problem which i am and many others are having with PN.
I hope PN resolve the Billing problem and offer a sensible good will gesture before the above get involved.
Gary
newagetraveller
Pro

Gary, I could have worded my post better. Embarrassed
The LRS issue was and has not been corrected fully but, to be fair to PN, Adam Walker in particular, there was a good outcome,  agreed last December, with regards the double payments.
I'm surprised one of the DCT haven't responded to your post yet. Sad
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

@beckerman - I'm really sorry to hear that you've been incorrectly billed for your Line Rental. Unfortunately there is an open problem that our Development Team are currently working on a fix for (Problem: 77120). I can see that you've been refunded for the incorrect amount taken for the last 2 months. I've added a discount on for the next months bill that covers the cost of Line Rental that would be added to your next months bill. We're expecting a fix for this to go out after our upcoming release - not too long. Our Complaints Team will answer reply to your complaint on Ticket: 85266555 as soon as they can, and we'll get you a good will offer popped on your account for you.
@newagetraveller - I've taken a look at your account and we've not billed you for your Line Rental since October, so it looks as though that part of the issue has been resolved. What issue have we not fixed with regards to discounts on your account? If you could let me know, I'd be happy to take a look and rectify any issues.
newagetraveller
Pro

Thanks Chris but "The discount was sorted out"( from my post.) Smiley
The line rental issue was resolved by Adam Walker. If you re-check my account you will also see that LRS is active until December this year. You should also see why it shouldn't be. (refer to 21/10/13 and 4/11/13). That's what I meant by "shambles".