Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Rental Saver / Broadband Question

Joey0027
Grafter

Line Rental Saver / Broadband Question

Good afternoon
I was about to renew my line rental saver but am unsure what  to do now as I am about to put my property on the market. If I renew but move house within the 12 month period, is the line rental transferable or refundable? I have also recently agreed to a further 12 months internet..what would also happen here should I move house within the contracted period?
I asked these questions via PM to MattyC on 6 & 12 August but unfortunately I have not received a reply. I only have a couple of days left to renew should I decide to do so & would therefore be most grateful if you could advise at your earliest convenience.
Many thanks for your assistance & I look forward to hearing from you.
22 REPLIES 22
mlmclaren
Grafter

Re: Line Rental Saver / Broadband Question

Are you not planning on moving your Plusnet services to a new location ?
Joey0027
Grafter

That would be the plan but I just want to confirm that the line rental is transferable/refundable prior to paying upfront for the next 12 months.
mlmclaren
Grafter

As long as you stay with Plusnet, you line rental saver should stay on your account..
So even if your 6 months into the LRS and during the move process you opt for a new contract for some reason like maybe a fibre upgrade, then Plusnet should be able to continue the same LRS for the next 6 months into that new contract.
Joey0027
Grafter

Many thanks for taking the time to reply, much appreciated.  Smiley
Joey0027
Grafter

I've now gone ahead & renewed the LRS, unfortunately though I didn't hear back from Matty or anyone else at Plusnet via the forum or by PM.
I am also still waiting to hear back from you with regards to the existing customer re-contract £50 cashback as this was to be investigated & I've not heard anything further.
Many thanks & I look forward to hearing from you.
Joey0027
Grafter

I would be grateful if you could update at your earliest convenience.
Many thanks.
Joey0027
Grafter

Any update on this please Plusnet?
Wheel_nut
Grafter

You do indeed need clarification from PlusNet. The problem will arise if there is a time lag between your exit from your current home nad the installation of your Line at the new home.
I don't believe that you can "park" your LRS without seamlessly migrating it to another Line. If that happened, I suspect that your LRS would be terminated without any refund being paid.
Joey0027
Grafter

It is most disappointing that I have still not heard from anybody at Plusnet. I committed to a further contract, paid 12 months line rental in advance but I now feel that the company has no interest in me as a customer.  Sad
I would be grateful if you would advise.
Thank you.
mlmclaren
Grafter

You have pretty much hit the nail on the head there...
From the evidence on here it would appear Plusnet have no interest in you as a customer...
Have you raised a complaint http://www.plus.net/support/service/policies/complaints_code_of_practice.shtml#howToComplain
If they ignore that then contact CISAS... they did get me out of contract and also with £xxx compensation!
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi Joey0027, sorry that we've not picked this thread up previously. Contractual questions are generally best directed to the phone or live chat for future reference. To be honest unless we've asked for someone to send us a PM specifically we may not check them, we get a lot of PMs so can't always answer them all.
I was about to renew my line rental saver but am unsure what  to do now as I am about to put my property on the market. If I renew but move house within the 12 month period, is the line rental transferable or refundable? I have also recently agreed to a further 12 months internet..what would also happen here should I move house within the contracted period?

When you move property there is a cost for stopping the line at the old address and potentially the activation at the new one, so to cover this we'd ask for those costs to be paid up front or commit to a new contract to cover the costs. Line Rental Saver should be able to be moved to the new address.
Rather than raising a complaint you should contact the Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632  to discuss your options.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
mlmclaren
Grafter

Quote from: Chris
Rather than raising a complaint you should contact the Customer Options Team on  0845 140 6002 to discuss your options.

I think they should raise a complaint... nearly 4 weeks for a response to this question is appalling  Shocked
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I'd disagree, although we do generally reply to threads here this is a 'Community' forum for users to get advice from other users and sometimes threads can be missed as they aren't logged to the account, unlike calls and chats. If Joey0027 does want to open a complaint, they can however my advice would be to speak to Customer Options as officially our support team hasn't yet been contacted regarding this issue.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
mlmclaren
Grafter

theoretically then you shouldn't be replying here as its not your place to do so....