cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Rental Included for New Customers

SiWilson65535
Hooked

Line Rental Included for New Customers

Hi, I keep seeing that Line Rental is now included for new customers - there seems to be nowhere for me to click in the products section to take advantage of that. As my line rental is £18.99 per month, effectively doubling the price of my internet, I would much prefer to get a new tariff in which it is included instead as I think I've been paying 2008 prices for too long. Any tips or tricks I can follow, or would I just need to leave Plusnet and come back again?

Kind Regards,

S

15 REPLIES 15
Manny7860
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Line Rental Included for New Customers

What package are you on? Just speak to customer services via phone or chat they will sort you out. You can do it through your account but you won't get the discounted offer deals. You don't have to leave.
Excellent!
SiWilson65535
Hooked

I'm on Fibre Unlimited, had no issues for a good few years, I don't want to speak on the phone as I don't have a landline phone - besides, we have this forum now.

Manny7860
Aspiring Pro

I don't think you can upgrade on the forum. Use web chat then if you haven't got landline. Fibre unlimited is 24.99 a month inc line rental if you happy with this I don't see a problem they won't give it to you.
Do you have FTTP?
Excellent!
SiWilson65535
Hooked

I wasn't planning to upgrade on the forum, I was planning to ask about upgrading on here, I suppose all the actual staff are asleep. I currently pay £19.99 fibre + £18.99 for the rental of two copper wires going into my house, which I think is a bit steep these days. It should be dropping in price, not going up each year.

Manny7860
Aspiring Pro

Yeh it's a bit steep that. Prices have lowered for now. I dont think staff on here make deals with cutomers its more on issues and problems. Like I said have a chat with the web chat team and see what they say. Then let us know.
Excellent!
SiWilson65535
Hooked

Okay shall do, cheers for the replies.

Manny7860
Aspiring Pro

You never know maybe a staff on here might call you and give you a good deal. Lets see what the staff and other members say?
Anyways im off to bed.
All the best.
Excellent!
runhare
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

At some point in the not too distant future isp's will introduce broadband oNly and the line rental element will become redundant 

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

@runhare, I would say that is unlikely.  The line is still required for broadband.  You never know they may introduce a line rental without any voice component attached, which could drop the price, but the majority of the cost would still likely be applicable for the physical line.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

runhare
Aspiring Pro

I was watching a vid my "Mr  Telephone" where he clearly thinks that BTW intend to introduce a broadband only product without the phone line element, so the entire cost will be bundled together

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

But there would most likely be an element of line rental in there.  Really there are 3 parts to what we have:

1. Rental of the physical line
  2. Telephone/voice component
  3. Broadband component

Currently we have 1 and 2 bundled together and 3 as an optional extra on top.

What I think you are alluding to is an option of having 1 and 3 bundled together and 2 as an optional extra.

Either way 1 is quite an integral part at this time.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

runhare
Aspiring Pro

Yes that's probably the case that it would be 1& 3 only.

Apparently The latest NTE5 C master socket for the home now being fitted by openreach seems to cater this prospect as the latest design makes provision for voip - which won't need a POTS exchange based system.  Therefore the phone service element would be redundant. 

SiWilson65535
Hooked

It's FTTC, and VDSL the rest of the way, didn't notice that question until now.

Just installed a Netgear D6400 VDSL modem + router and done away with the extra Huawei VDSL box on the wall, working well, 35Mbps down/6 up. Setup was practically automatic (except the firmware update button didn't do anything in Chrome, had to use Firefox) and saved me a plug socket.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Welcome to the community forums @SiWilson65535

I'd be happy to arrange a call back to discuss a new deal with you.

If you want to go ahead please PM me your contact number.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet