cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lied to and very, very upset!

daymercer
Hooked

Lied to and very, very upset!

I recently moved abroad to Malaysia and kept my Plusnet mobile (rolling monthly contract) open for the first month just in case.
On September 13th I contacted Plusnet via 500 to cancel my contract and spoke with a lovely young operator from the Wirral who said that she had processed my request, but to leave my direct debit open in case of any refunds/charges. I have just checked my bank account now and noticed that Plusnet have since taken two bills on the 27th September and 22nd October which I am not happy about at all. To make matters worse, I put my Plusnet SIM back in my phone to contact customer services only to find that it will now not allow me to contact customer services via 500 or the 0800 number provided! It appears as if my line is disconnected, yet my online account is showing as fully active and still being billed. I am absolutely livid!
I now have no way of contacting customer services without incurring charges that Plusnet have made clear they will not cover (noted from another similar post). As a last resort I have just requested a PAC code to see if that triggers a cancellation, but an email from Plusnet has just informed me that they will keep billing me until I switch to another provider. This is absolutely scandalous and should not be this difficult at all! I understand you are trying to dissuade your customers from leaving, but my genuine reason for leaving has now spurred 8 of my closest friends to cancel their contracts with Plusnet in protest and switch provider to Lebara, and so I think your underhand marketing techniques and poor customer service has backfired.
I have no idea if any of the Plusnet staff are monitoring these posts, but I would greatly appreciate some form of direct communication in order to bring this matter to a close before I simply cancel my direct debit with my bank.
10 REPLIES 10
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Lied to and very, very upset!

Hi there, I'm so sorry to see this and I'll happily pick this issue up with you and make sure that it's put right. 

Could you please send me a private message with the mobile number in question and your address included so we can open a dialogue that way?

Please reply back here when you have. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
daymercer
Hooked

Update for all who are reading this:
I have now been passed between two different agents and my problem has still not been resolved. Not even an update.
Neilfrost
Hooked

Cancel your DD for a start and then negotiate
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

@Neilfrost Very bad advice - that is likely to cause problems if PN raise an invoice which becomes 'unpaid' and causes the account to be passed to a collection agency.

John
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

I'd agree with @jab1 here. Especially if refunds are due, cancelling your direct debit will likely cause further issues.

I've sent you a private message @daymercer if you'd like to have a look. I'll be around until 20:00 today if you have any further questions at all. Smiley

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
daymercer
Hooked

I've left my direct debit open for those exact two reasons:
1) I do not want any further problems triggered through a payment failure and have to chase this up separately
2) This is the easiest route to process the refunds that I am due

@adam945 I have received your message thank you very much, but I hope you can understand that I am keeping my gratitude in reserve for now as I have already been down this road of false promises...twice.

I really don't understand why, especially for 30 day rolling contracts, you cannot simply have a 'cancel contract' option in the Plusnet app. This is 2021 and you are still asking people to call a representative in order to gain permission, so to speak. I can only imagine that this is a marketing ploy to try and convince people to stay, but in my opinion this is just an insult to my intelligence and has ensured that I will never return to Plusnet again on my return to the UK.
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I understand completely @daymercer and would again like to apologise unreservedly for the lack of our communication from our Mobile Team regarding the refunds that were processed. Hang fire for now, and let us know if they have not been received in the lead time specified on my email.

Adam
daymercer
Hooked

@adam945 @BD
Just when I thought this couldn't get any more ridiculous I have just had this private message reply from a support member (you know who you are)

Hi David, thanks for getting back to us and I'd be happy to dive into the billing on your account for you and advise what's going on. Before we can however, as some time has passed since we last passed data protection we'd need to do it again please.
So I can take a look over your account please can you confirm:

-Mobile Number
-Full Name and if you're the account holder
-Full Address
-Last 2 digits of sort code and last 2 digits of account number
-Date of birth

I look forwards to hearing from you further.

Kind regards,

This has got to be a joke! It's a private message thread that I have been using to communicate for the past week or more. Just because you have picked up this thread from another support member does not give you the right to start asking me for further details. I have been enormously inconvenienced as it is and my request could not be more clear!!

CLOSE MY ACCOUNT
I have instructed you to do this via telephone conversation and now several times through this forum. Everyone who reads this can see what a simple request this is, so I suggest you cut through the nonsense and either admit you have no clue what you are doing and/or no power to carry out my wishes, else put me in touch with someone who can.
Are you seriously asking me to confirm my details when you know full well that you STILL haven't fulfilled your own promises.
I'm sorry, but not only is this being added to my initial complaint to Ombudsman Services but this will also be added to my social media channels.

Absolutely, utterly, unequivocally unbelievable.

@adam945 Can you please pick this issue up, it seems to me as though you are the only person who understands my situation and your help so far has been much appreciated.
daymercer
Hooked

Well this just gets better each minute - just spoken to Ombudsman Services who have politely informed me that I have to wait another six weeks before they can process my complaint. Apparently my 'formal' complaint is only logged from my first post in writing on this forum, and not from when I spoke with a representative on the phone on the 13th September. Apparently I also have to make it crystal clear in writing to Plusnet that I will be escalating the complaint. Apparently you now have 4 extra weeks to sort this out (on top of the 4 weeks you have already dragged out).

You really can't make this stuff up. I am at a complete loss of words.

Cancel my contract, send me an email confirmation, issue my refund, case closed.
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hello @daymercer

I've just sent you a PM if you'd like to have a look. I'll be around until 18:30 today so feel free to reach out to me directly Smiley

Adam