cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Length of tie in + moving packages

MakeTeaNotWar
Grafter

Length of tie in + moving packages

Dont worry Im not thinking of leaving, but I have a question about contract tie in, I migrated to PN a few months ago and noticed when setting up there was an option to pay £40 to be contract less... however I didnt take the free router.
Reading PN's product pages today I saw when click on the No contract option "Don't want to be in a contract? Simply pay for your router up front, or use your own if it's compatible. You've then got the freedom to leave at anytime with just 10 days' notice.
It costs £20 for a wired router or £40 for a wireless router. There's also a £25 charge to activate your broadband service."
Well I didnt take a router and you didn't really activate my broadband service you migrated my existing broadband services, but anyway can someone clarify what I'd have to pay if I wanted to leave?
Also Im contemplating moving to the extra package because I'm finding the Pro's bandwidth limit a bit to small for comfort, if I did, does this reset a 12 month contract or... ?
3 REPLIES 3
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Length of tie in + moving packages

Easy part - moving to a new product doesn't reset the 12 months as this is counted from when you incurred the deferred charge
With respect to the rest this link may tell you what your current deferred charges are https://portal.plus.net/my.html?s=0&action=account_summary
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
Looking at your account you have both setup and hardware deferred costs??
Moving product won't change your contract length or any charges.
MakeTeaNotWar
Grafter

Quote from: Mand
Hi there,
Looking at your account you have both setup and hardware deferred costs??
Moving product won't change your contract length or any charges.

Oops can you fix that? I canceled the hardware order before it arrived/was dispatched, you billed me but refunded it but its obviously still marked on your systems I have the hardware, I don't! Smiley
Glad to hear about the no extra charges/contract if I move packages, Im going to give Pro another month and see if I can be a little more restrained with my useage Smiley