Did you mean: 

Legacy Justmail and its future

FIXED
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Legacy Justmail and its future

@arturox *Bestows the honour of the handle ‘Gandalf’ to the live chat adviser* Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
arturox
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

So I received two emails today and I feel I've entered the Twilight Zone... And past experience has encouraged me to ask the question(s) before something untoward happens.  🙂

One from Gandalf, Email ref: EB0044.

"Email ref: EB0044 I'm just closing this ticket as this isn't something I'd actually need to monitor periodically as the problem which affects your account is being monitored by our incident management team internally and we'll close your account as soon as we can.

In the meantime, I've removed the domain from your account as we're no longer hosting or registering it.
If there's anything else you'd need help with, please feel free to let us know via our community forums."

Excellent that you've removed the domain from the FNN account, thanks.  🙂

But at the same time I received a posting  Email ref: EB247

"Dear dafs,

Thank you, your request to cancel the domain name shown below from Madasafish has been received and is currently being processed.  (Copied and pasted in).

nameof domain.co.uk"  (Obviously not the actual name).

I assume this is just the removal from your system of the "nameofdomain.co.uk" that was once hosted by FNN/Madasafish and not a contact with Nominet to cancel the domain... Which in theory you shouldn't be a ble to do, as it is now registered and hosted with another service provider.

But I just wanted to check?     (Paranoia... No just had a lot of dealings with VF over the years).

And finally what about the actual FNN email address/account, does that still exist?

Thank

Arturox

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to us @arturox 

Sorry that we didn't remove the domain name sooner, although it wasn't really doing anything on your account anyway as we were no longer hosting or registering it. I can confirm that the removal was just our domain control system. 

Your Freenetname email address will still exist until we close the account down although if you don't use it then it'll just sit there all by itself. 🙂

Hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
arturox
Rising Star

Thanks for the note Gandalf, puts my mind at rest.

Not bothered about the FNN address as I have enough available on the domains I own. 😊

That said, I did post a couple of things to it today, just to see... They vanished into the wide blue yonder...

Well Gandalf, this looks like our final meeting and as a final note...

Thanks, very much for the support you've give me in recent times, much appreciated.   😊

On the kudos stakes... 9.5 out of 10.

Regards

Arturo Xitofolese.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @arturox Not a problem, always happy to help. 😁

This feels like a sad farewell at the end of all things. I better leave now before I start tearing up. 😢

Moving on, if there's absolutely anything you'd need our help with in the future, please do feel free to let us know. 😬

Cheers,

Anoush

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
arturox
Rising Star

Couple of months later....

Looked at my old Freenetname account and discovered it is still there and active.

I thought, it would by now have been hilighted on your server(s) and the DELETE key pressed.

How do I go about getting it removed, completely and totally removed?

I no longer need or use this account or address.

Ax

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @arturox We're still working on this however I've just manually destroyed all the components on the account, so this should effectively be resolved now. Smiley I hope this helps.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
arturox
Rising Star

Hi Gandalf.

Thanks for the prompt response, I was going to give you much kudos for the prompt action, tested from a mail client app and also with Webmail, and yes that does fail to login, but the account itself is still accessible and all my details are still there.

Granted someone would need the password or hack to get at it, but it does contain more than enough detail to be a personal ID security threat.

?

Ax

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @arturox thanks for getting back to me. I understand the concern however I can confirm all the components are destroyed including the portal login, so no-one will be able to log in to your account. I hope this helps.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
arturox
Rising Star

Thanks for that assurance Gandalf, so once again full marks and thanks for the support, appreciated.

Ax

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Not a problem @arturox 

Feel free to let me know if there's anything else you'd need help with.

On that note, how's your service with your new provider, still going good? Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet