Did you mean: 

Legacy Justmail and its future

FIXED
arturox
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Legacy Justmail and its future

@Gandalf wrote:

Our process for domain pricing and transferring domains out is well documented, so I'm sorry to see how your chat was handled. To help me investigate further can you remember what date it was you were advise...

Yes I can, I've just checked my past emails with the new Hosting company and my communication with Nominet.

It was Wednesday 19th June 2019 and during the Morning that I phoned about the IPSTAG.

IIRC. The person I was chatting with was female and put me on hold at one point while she took advice from a supervisor.

Ax

Worth noting... The person I was chatting with was polite and trying to be helpful, which is why she put me on hold, so I have no complaints there.

Ax

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @arturox

Thanks for coming back to us with that information.

I can see that @Gandalf has taken personal ownership of this on your behalf so I'll let him pick this up for you in the morning.

Would hate to break up such a beautiful friendship Wink

Dave

arturox
Rising Star

Ooeeer!

So the closing of my old FNN/Madas account has now gone from 24th June to 26th June, 1st July, 15th July, and "This ticket is now on hold until Wednesday 14th August at 7:00am. 😞

As a certain Tennis player would have said... "You cannot be serious..."

I know Plusnet is associate with BT, but I'm wondering now if Plusnet is associated with Vodafone as well.  Wink

I won't go into the details but it took Vodafone  just over 5 years to get to grips with one of my phone accounts... Whenever their Tech bods tried to fix it, it only got worse.

Is your system so bad you can't close/delete an account?

Just asking...   Smiley

Ax

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

HI @arturox, thanks for getting back in touch.

I do apologise for the length of time it's taking to close the account. I can see @Gandalf is currently monitoring this for you due to a system issue currently ongoing that's preventing the closure of the account. I'd hope this is resolved before 14th August but as of yet we have no updates to provide on the system issue.

I am truly sorry for any inconvenience this is causing.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
arturox
Rising Star

Thanks for your kind words...

I'm not stressed, or particularly bothered about this business.... Tongue  Just more amused that your Plusnet techy department can't handle your own systems when it comes to a simple thing like closing an account...   Embarrassed

I'm quite enjoying the ride...

Thanks for the fun!

Ax

Ps: Of course there is a positive to all this...

Assuming I'm not the only FNN/Madas  JustMail customer left in the Plusnet universe, in the future when any other JustMail accounts need closing you will be setup and ready to go.   Smiley

Ax

arturox
Rising Star

Logged in to my ticket and I see it has been extended again... "This ticket is now on hold until Wednesday 28th August at 7:00am."

This is most disappointing... June 21st, a number of on holds, now 28th Aug... And it won't get fixed then will it?

Of course it won't.    Sad

It took Vodafone over 5 years to sort out a (Rude Epithet) with a phone account.

I really don't get it... Your system knew the account existed. For years it took the lolly offered by the bank, then gave us the service.

You've got to laugh at how foolish this all looks.

Ah well, another day in paradise...

Ax

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi @arturox I'm sorry for the issues we're having in closing your account however this is not something I'd worry about as it would not be affecting your services with your new provider in any way. 

Thanks.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@arturox In the meantime, how are things with your new provider? All going well? Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
arturox
Rising Star

@Gandalf wrote:

@arturox In the meantime, how are things with your new provider? All going well? Smiley

Yes thank you, the new hosting is working perfectly okay.

Particularly now I've got to grips (Somewhat) with the C-Panel they use, I have back the control lost when FNN/Madas became Plusnet. Smiley

In the end I decided to take the "domain" hosting to the company that supplies my  Broadband Internet connection as they already host one of my other domains.

Thank you for your support.

Arturox

Nb: I'm not particularly bothered by the other matter, I guess it's a hangover from my past running a business, I just like things in a tidy order, and an old account hanging around somewhere in the ether is not tidy.  Wink

Ax

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

That's good to see @arturox and no problem. As a heads up the issue affecting the cancellation of your account hasn't been sorted yet so I've placed the ticket back on hold. Will be sure to continue to monitor this for you Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
arturox
Rising Star

I see the can has been kicked down the road again.  Wink

Isn't it time you folks just admitted your system can't do it and probably never will...  Smiley

Ax

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I’m sure we’ll get there Smiley
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
arturox
Rising Star

Hehehehehe!

G'day Gandalf...

Well you do have just over four and a half years to go to equal the Vodafone fiasco... I wonder if you will come close... Wink

Anyway, thanks

Ax

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@arturox Now that's a game I want to win. Tongue

I'm joking of course as it's not professional for me to compete with another provider. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
arturox
Rising Star

I like your sense of humour.  Wink

You should in theory win hands down... As I can say from experience, the Vf tech support, from a technical point of view was very lacking in technical  ability and a somewhat offhand attitude.

At least here Gandalf, I'm interfacing with someone with a sense of humour.

Won't bore you with the two and a half years of serious attempts to get it fixed, and the remaining years of coasting (Fobbed off with various excuses)... But serendipity played a part in the eventual resolution... and that was interesting.

One day when I was on the Vf site, a "Live Chat" pop up window presented, and I thought yes, I'll have another go... "One more time" as the entertainers say.  Smiley

It transpired the Live chat geezer was cleverer than the previous 5 year of tech support, so he set to and in something like 20 minutes the problem was fixed and has remained fixed ever since.

Ax