Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Legacy Justmail and its future

FIXED
arturox
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Legacy Justmail and its future

Thanks for all the advice given here recently, much appreciated.

When I decide to bite the bullet, I'm all set to do it.

Thanks

Ax

arturox
Rising Star

A footnote on my Legacy Justmail.

Today the 19th June I did actually bite the bullet and move the hosting etc, elsewhere.

The person at  "elsewhere"  (New hosting account set up a couple of days ago) saved my bacon somewhat with his advice today as the chat I was involved in when I phoned Plusnet to give the IPSTAG,  gave me rather a lot of "Rectum speak."  Wink

Anyway... All that aside, everything seems to be okay at the new place, unless some Plusnet unknown comes back to bite me.

So I'd like to say a big thank you to all the Plusnet folks here, who over the years have helped me fix, or work around a number of problems that cropped up.  Smiley

Thanks folks, much appreciated.

Arturox.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Cheers for the update Arturox.

I'm glad to see that the transfer has gone well, and all the best with your new domain host.

If you need any further help at all from us please do feel free to let us know. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
arturox
Rising Star

While I was finishing some configs at the new place today a though occurred, and again advice needed please.

I've removed all the content from the old Webspace, leaving just a short message, in case anyone should end up there.

Should I go into my old FNN/Madas account and delete the  Mailboxes?

Thanks

Ax

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

It’s probably up to you depending on if you feel you’ll want to use the mailbox in the future. We should be able to add the mailbox back once you’ve deleted it if you change your mind, although this isn’t something I’d be able to guarantee.

As a permanent solution if you don’t want to use your legacy Madasafish services anymore, we could close your account down. Feel free to PM me your account username if this is something you’d like to go ahead with and I’ll be happy to arrange this. Having said that in closing your account you’d lose access to your webspace and the short message you’ve said you’ve put up on your site would also disappear.
From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
arturox
Rising Star

@Gandalf wrote:
As a permanent solution if you don’t want to use your legacy Madasafish services anymore, we could close your account down. Feel free to PM me your account username if this is something you’d like to go ahead with and I’ll be happy to arrange this. Having said that in closing your account you’d lose access to your webspace and the short message you’ve said you’ve put up on your site would also disappear.

Interesting...

Once the new webspace at the new hosting had propagated, the old webspace was no longer available via a Web browser so the short message is no longer needed, it really is defunct... Obviously I can still access it by FTP, but not much point FTP(ing) any empty webspace.  Wink

The sole purpose of the Fnn/Madas account was to host a particular domain,and that has now moved kit 'n caboodle elsewhere, so I really have no need to keep the Legacy Justmail account at all.

I'll contact you by PM shortly with the details, and would appreciate the closing down of the Legacy Justmail account.

Thanks again

Appreciated

Ax

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Cool. No problem, I'll reply shortly Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
arturox
Rising Star

Gandalf, Just to inform...

Despite what's happening, or rather Not, at the support ticket side of the business, I received my long service departing bar of Belgian chocolate today.

It's not something that I'd eat (Not allowed), but SWMBO will without a doubt consume the lot.  Smiley

Thanks

Ax

[Amusing aside]

Ticket it taking as long as the Livechat person last week said it would take to change the IPSTAG,  (14 days) It didn't ... because I went to my Nominet account and got them, (Nominet) to change it for me.

Ax

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to us,

Despite what's happening, or rather Not, at the support ticket side of the business, I received my long service departing bar of Belgian chocolate today.

It's not something that I'd eat (Not allowed), but SWMBO will without a doubt consume the lot.  Smiley

I'm glad to see you like the chocolate. I'm sure your SWMBO will love it. Smiley

Ticket it taking as long as the Livechat person last week said it would take to change the IPSTAG,  (14 days) It didn't ... because I went to my Nominet account and got them, (Nominet) to change it for me.

Sorry for the timescales you were provided, however I'm glad to see it was sorted a lot quicker.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
arturox
Rising Star

Hi Gandalf,

I'm following the ticket about closing my account with some wry  amusement... This has become a mirror of a three, or maybe four year battle I had in the recent past with Vodafone about an account with them.  Sad

At the bottom of the open ticket conversation list there's a link "Add comment" which unfortunately doesn't work, are you folks aware it doesn't work from our User end?   (Firefox is my default browser).

I obviously discovered this when I wanted to ask a Question about the events noted in the ticket.

Thanks for the regular ticket updates... Appreciated.

Ax

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @arturox 

Sorry for the issues with closing your account down.

It just shows that we obviously don't want to see you go. Smiley

Joking aside, I'll periodically keep an eye on the progress. With regards to you not being able to reply to a support ticket, unfortunately as far as I'm aware this is a known issue for Madasafish accounts.

What may work though, are you accessing the ticket from Here

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
arturox
Rising Star

Yes, login to the FMM/Madas account... that's where I access the ticket.

Not sure how/where else I could access the ticket with a FNN login name and password.

FWIW. I tried the link in other browsers...  (The shiny metal one, and MIE) The link is the same... Goes around in a circle...

'Tiz no biggy... I just wondered why the difficulty?

Some admin at your end, login and close down the account, easy peasy!   Cool

Ax

Nb: Before the ticket was placed, I went to the Mail site and removed the re-direct I had in place from both Mine and Her mailboxes, so that shouldn't be causing any problems.

Ax

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Yes, login to the FMM/Madas account... that's where I access the ticket.

Not sure how/where else I could access the ticket with a FNN login name and password.

FWIW. I tried the link in other browsers...  (The shiny metal one, and MIE) The link is the same... Goes around in a circle...

Yeah that's what I thought, it'd odd and thanks for trying.

'Tiz no biggy... I just wondered why the difficulty?

Some admin at your end, login and close down the account, easy peasy!   Cool

It normally is that easy, it looks like the cancellation request is sending a request to the billing system to close it however as Madasafish accounts are free/not in the billing system, it's getting stuck on this occasion.

We'll make sure the account is purged as soon as we can, but for now you're stuck with us a little while longer. Laugh

Nb: Before the ticket was placed, I went to the Mail site and removed the re-direct I had in place from both Mine and Her mailboxes, so that shouldn't be causing any problems.

Cool. That probably wouldn't cause an issue anyway.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
arturox
Rising Star

@Gandalf wrote:

It normally is that easy, it looks like the cancellation request is sending a request to the billing system to close it however as Madasafish accounts are free/not in the billing system, it's getting stuck on this occasion.

We'll make sure the account is purged as soon as we can, but for now you're stuck with us a little while longer. Laugh

Well Gandalf, it is quite a friendly place so I don't mind hanging around for a while.   Smiley

Interesting comment you make about the billing... I'm not complaining, just commenting...

The person I spoke to on the phone when sorting the ISPTAG a while back, aside from the aformentioned 14 days, also insisted the billing system would be sending me a bill for the recent usage of Legacy Justmail.

I informed that person Legacy Justmail was now free, but that person insisted it was not and I'd be getting a bill.

Seems to be an information disconnect somewhere, considering I have the transcript of a conversation between myself and the LiveChat where we discussed the reasons why the 2019 Legacy Justmail  Standing order at my bank had not been actioned.

I'll go away and be silent for a while.

What fun we are having...  Grin

Ax

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Well Gandalf, it is quite a friendly place so I don't mind hanging around for a while.   Smiley

*Phew* That's good. Smiley

Interesting comment you make about the billing... I'm not complaining, just commenting...

No problem.

The person I spoke to on the phone when sorting the ISPTAG a while back, aside from the aformentioned 14 days, also insisted the billing system would be sending me a bill for the recent usage of Legacy Justmail.

I informed that person Legacy Justmail was now free, but that person insisted it was not and I'd be getting a bill.

Seems to be an information disconnect somewhere, considering I have the transcript of a conversation between myself and the LiveChat where we discussed the reasons why the 2019 Legacy Justmail  Standing order at my bank had not been actioned.

Our process for domain pricing and transferring domains out is well documented, so I'm sorry to see how your chat was handled. To help me investigate further can you remember what date it was you were advised this?

What fun we are having...  Grin

I was having fun before this. Tongue

But seriously cheers for posting back and also bringing this to our attention.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet