Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Legacy Justmail and its future

FIXED
arturox
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Legacy Justmail and its future

Good day friends and neighbour in Plusnet...

A month or so ago when my FNN/Madasafish "Legacy Justmail" was due for renewal, I noticed the amount had not been taken from my bank account.

I was aware at the time of some Plusnet system, payment issues, so I gave it another week then checked again, still no payment taken.

Using the Website Live Chat, I chatted with an operative who informed that Legacy Justmail was no longer a chargeable service, and that in effect it would continue for free...

Being a firm believer in TANSTAAFL.  I asked if that was really the case... Yes.

Will my legacy email addresses continue for the forseable future... Yes.

Is the domain I own and  ATM. hosted by FNN/Madas/Plusnet, secure and will it be renewed when it become due later in this (2019) year... Yes.

So my questions of concern are:

1) Will Plusnet really continue this Legacy Justmail service, and for how log before they just dump it?

2) Is my hosted domain really okay, or will I suddenly find it cut off because they've not renewed  the domain?

3) People (External to Plusnet) to whom I've chatted about this matter and my concerns, have "all" said, Get your domain and email addresses out of Plusnet and transferred to a new hosting company ASAP. before your hosting runs out, and before the mails service is suddenly cut off.

So folks, what are your thoughts and advice on this matter?

Thanks

Arturox

55 REPLIES 55
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Legacy Justmail and its future

Hi Arturox.

I'm sorry for any concern caused regarding your Justmail account being free of charge.

1) Will Plusnet really continue this Legacy Justmail service, and for how log before they just dump it?

We've made the decision to provide email free of charge since September 2018.

I'm aware of no plans to discontinue your email service, however I'm sure we'll let you know in advance if that's the case.

2) Is my hosted domain really okay, or will I suddenly find it cut off because they've not renewed  the domain?

Your hosted domain should be fine for as long as we're hosting and registering it.

You should receive a renewal reminder closer to the expiry date, you can check that Here and you'll need to let us know before then if you would like us to renew it free of charge for another year otherwise it'll expire and stop working.

Feel free to let us know over here and we'll be happy to arrange for your domain to be renewed.

3) People (External to Plusnet) to whom I've chatted about this matter and my concerns, have "all" said, Get your domain and email addresses out of Plusnet and transferred to a new hosting company ASAP. before your hosting runs out, and before the mails service is suddenly cut off.

We'll unlikely stop hosting and registering your domain without first letting you know in advance.

Hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
arturox
Rising Star

Thanks for the information Gandalf, it assuages my concerns for the time being.

Appreciated.

Thanks

Ax

arturox
Rising Star

An additional thought or two has surfaced...

Since Plusnet subsumed the FNN/Madasafish system into the Plusnet system I've never been able to access any control panel so I've never been able to See, Edit, delete any of the filters I had in place before the takeover.

Does Plusnet have a control panel that gives users access to these sort of options or is it still a future project?

Thanks

Ax

IIRC. Plusnet no longer sell stand alone Hosting and email packages... Only Hosting etc with Plusnet as the Internet service provider package?

Ax

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from General Chat to My Account / Billing

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Optimatts
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 19

Hi @arturox,

Since Plusnet subsumed the FNN/Madasafish system into the Plusnet system I've never been able to access any control panel so I've never been able to See, Edit, delete any of the filters I had in place before the takeover.

Does Plusnet have a control panel that gives users access to these sort of options or is it still a future project?

•     Unfortunately we've no plans to share if or when we'll provide you with the option to set filters at a server level for MAAF accounts. If you've set your mail up on your client you should be able to create filters or rules via the Mail client.

IIRC. Plusnet no longer sell stand alone Hosting and email packages... Only Hosting etc with Plusnet as the Internet service provider package?

•     This is correct. A customer would need a service provider package to gain an email account and at present we actually no longer offer new hosting at all. We will renew domains already arranged but these are no longer offered at a signup level.

Hope this information helps.

arturox
Rising Star

@Optimatts wrote:

Hi @arturox

• Unfortunately we've no plans to share if or when we'll provide you with the option to set filters at a server level for MAAF accounts. If you've set your mail up on your client you should be able to create filters or rules via the Mail client.

Unfortunately, the sort of filters available mail client side are not capable of filtering legit addresses out of the server side rubbish box into the "In use named mailbox".

Well, I don't know of a filter way...

Thanks for the info, appreciated.

AX

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to us AX.

Sorry for the inconvenience that you can't control the filters for your Madasafish account anymore.

If you have any further queries please do feel free to let us know though.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
arturox
Rising Star

Leading directly on from where we left off... A little more advice would be appreciated.

The wife also has a mailbox on the FNN/Madas account so we've (She's) been discussing the matter...  😞

She says it's time we thought about moving the domain hosting and mail service to a new service provider, and I guess that wouild seem to be a logical move, however as I set up the domain and service a long time ago  (1999) I haven't the foggiest idea what processes are required to move a domain from one provider to another, and particularly Plusnet to another.

A quick run down of the processes would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ax

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to us.

If your wife has a UK domain with us she'll need to provide us with the IPSTAG of the new host/registrar. We'll then raise this to our network operations team to change the IPSTAG which can take up to 3 working days.

However if her domain is non-UK then we need to unlock the domain and issue an EPP (Extensible Provisioning Protocol) key by raising a task to our network operations team. The domain will then be unlocked and she'll be provided the EPP key to the email address registered on the domain. The EPP key she'll need to provide to the new host/registrar.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need any further assistance or advice.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
arturox
Rising Star

Fix

Thanks for the note...

I think we have a slight misunderstanding.  😉

The old FNN/Madas,  now "Justmail" account is a single .co.uk domain that I own. It has three mailboxes

me@the domain.co.uk mailbox.

her@thedomain.co.uk mailbox

And a Junk/general mailbox into which anything else is shovelled.

That clears that up...  🙂

I have no idea what an IPSTAG is, though I gather from your reply, it's something I need to get from the company who will be supplying the new hosting services.

I guess I'd have to email (Whoever it might be) and ask.?

Thanks

Ax

PS: Done a bit of Googling after your reply, that helped illuminate my darkness.

Thanks

Ax

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, yes the IPSTAG is a handle that hosting providers issue to enable a transfer of a .uk domain so they should be able to give you that on request. However a bit of googling can usually find out what it is. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
arturox
Rising Star

@adamwalker wrote:

Hi there, yes the IPSTAG is a handle that hosting providers issue to enable a transfer of a .uk domain so they should be able to give you that on request. However a bit of googling can usually find out what it is. 

Thanks...

I'm collecting all these notes together as inevitably some time in the future I will have to move on, either of my own volition or when Plusnet decides to close off Legacy Justmail.

If I may ask a couple of hopefully, final and probably dumb questions...  Smiley

When the time arrives, who at Plusnet needs to be contacted with the IPSTAG?

I guess, the correct order of processes would be:

Get a new Hosting provider and the account set up?

Then get the IPSTAG and pass it over to Plusnet?

Then sit back and wait?

Could the whole process be done by the new Hosting company or do I have to do my bit to authorise it by supplying Plusnet with the Tag?

Thanks  Smiley

Ax

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

No problems @arturox

Feel free to ask anything you need. 

When the time comes you can either raise a ticket on your account (a quick like to the text box is here) advising the new IPSTag, or speak to the contact centre over the telephone/live chat. 

The process you've listed is correct. Unfortunately they wouldn't be able to do everything and it will require you to notify us of that tag and for us to update it again the records so the new provide can complete the transfer away. 

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

@arturox

Apologies please ignore that link I provided to raise a ticket - I've just realised it's Justmail and the link will take you to raise a ticket to a Plusnet account (so won't work).