cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Left plusnet and still being billed

s0nicb00m

Left plusnet and still being billed

I migrated my adsl only service from Plusnet on 26-September.  I continue to be billed for service.

Does the ofcom switching process actually work?

How do I avoid a lengthy call to the Plusnet support line and get my account cancelled and outstanding monies refunded?

29 REPLIES 29
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Left plusnet and still being billed

Sorry to see this, can you send me a PM with your username so I can deal with this for you?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
dnpark38
Rising Star

SOnicbOOm, did you get sorted out to a correct final bill I'm in same situation, and need encouragement.

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/button/1476198475230638155-mini.png
BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

Hi @dnpark38

I am sorry to hear about this but I can see that this has now been resolved for you as of the 21/10/2016 with a reufund.

BillEvil
Hooked

Same sort of thing.

My account was supposed to close on the 4th November, just before my billing is due. For some reason Plusnet have extended my ticket to the 7th - today. I am getting unwelcome missed payment messages now.

The cynical among us may think Plusnet have extended my leaving to grab another month's extortionate payment from me.

dnpark38
Rising Star

You need to know what date your new provider is charging from and if same or different date.

I'm still not sure how PN worked things out as I got credit of a few pence for phone but line rental continued to be direct debited.

New supplier and PN dates are a few days muddled but think could well be 100% correct money wise plus or minus 1 or 2 %.

Anyway clear of disruption now and a lot cheaper too.  🙂

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/button/1476198475230638155-mini.png
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@BillEvil - Looking at your account, although it appears our service was due to ceased on 04/11/16. It looks like your complaint case handler placed the ticket on hold for the following working day to wait for the order to complete and finalise the closure of the account.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
chichman
Grafter

It seems to be a normal plusnet routine to place an account on hold until a payment is payed, even if the account should have already been closed.... Not sure why. It would appear there are numerous cases of line rental getting cancelled but the broadband to carry on getting charged, maybe there is something wrong with their system.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@chichman wrote:
It seems to be a normal plusnet routine to place an account on hold until a payment is payed

If a payment is processing when our billing team are trying to finalise the closure of the account, they would not be able to stop the payment from processing. Therefore the ticket would be placed on hold to allow the payment to either clear so we can refund the amount and finalise the closure, or fail so we could clear the amount off and finalise the closer.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
chichman
Grafter

Yes, I see. In my case it was put on hold, waited for the final bill, then off hold, no final bill, but instead was charged for more broadband. The phone and bb left Plusnet 2 weeks before, but it seems the phone line was cancelled but bb was not. Seems to go on and off hold for new bills and direct debits instead of being cancelled..
s0nicb00m

~ 3 weeks since I posted my original message (and provided my account info by pm) and I can see no signs of a refund to my bank account or detailed in my plusnet 'member centre' area.

No comms or updates either.

?

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@s0nicb00m - Really sorry to see how this matter has been handled. Or rather, not handled.

I've made sure refunds have been issued against previous payments, however I'm sorry to say that as this matter was not dealt with following your initial post, your account has remained open and another invoice has now been generated meaning we cannot close the account until the payment has either failed, or cleared and been refunded back to you.

I have raised this matter with our billing team to monitor and take the appropriate action.

I sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this is causing and for how poorly this matter has been handled up to this point.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
chichman
Grafter

Hi, many thanks for the effort.

Perhaps it's worth looking into why these cancellations seem to be cancelling the phone line but not the broadband.
chichman
Grafter

Hello, the payment has now cleared, so should be ok now to clear the account now.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@chichman - I'm a little confused. From what I can see, your account was closed a while ago and no payments have been requested since a couple of months ago.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet