Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Left in limbo

FIXED
JRT
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Left in limbo

On 28th November, I negotiated a new contract and was advised that processing would be completed in a few days.  Subsequently I learned that my account was “locked” and the changes had been referred to the Back Office team to resolve.  I have heard nothing since 6th December.  Can someone please advise on the following:

Have the changes gone through?

Will it be back-dated to 1st December, as advised?

How can I check the up-coming Bill?  I can only see previous bills, not the current one.

Any assistance much appreciated. 

Regards

11 REPLIES 11
Boz41

Re: Left in limbo

Obviously as a fellow customer, I am unable to tell you if it’s sorted, but I would not worried about this too much, it happened to me after I renewed my contract in March.  Plusnet were unable to take payments due to a problem with a new finance system, they said they would contact me when it was sorted by the back office team.   I rang back several time, but it was November before it was sorted. I was concerned I would get a massive bill, but was told by customer services they can only charge for the last 90 days, so I end up with several months for free.

JRT
Rising Star

Thanks for the reply, glad to know I'm not the only one with issues.  I don't think I'll get a payment "holiday", more inclined to the idea the system will continue as before then I get a nice refund in the New Year - hopefully!

Equally hopefully, if any of the Staffers are looking then they will know how to "Wake the Dragon" and maybe get something to happen!  Come on PlusNet - where is the famous, award-winning service of which you speak!

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, 

The account change has been unsuccessful due to a known system issue that we're working on so apologies for any inconvenience. 

I'm monitoring for that being fixed and I'll arrange a refund for any difference in the account billing afterwards: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=197417721

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
JRT
Rising Star

Thanks Adam,  that’s encouraging.  Let’s hope it won’t take too long to get things moving again.  It would have been nice if someone had come back to me before now rather than just let the outstanding tickets close automatically.  It’s not the waiting that’s the issue, it’s not knowing or seeing something happening.

Best wishes for 2020 and regards.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Apologies for that, there was previously an open ticket which which seems to have been closed by mistake so some well intended feedback will be passed on about that. I'll keep an eye on it and will let you know as soon as it's been resolved. 

Adam 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
JRT
Rising Star

It looks like something might be happening, I have just had a look at the Member Centre pages.  I don’t get the “404 Page Not found” anymore when accessing the Offers and Upgrades page.  Apparently I’m now on a two year contract - really?  According to the latest bill, dated 1st January, I’m still on the old rates, so no change there yet.

Here's hoping for a nice surprise before too much longer......

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @JRT,

Glad to hear it, Adam will get back in touch via this ongoing support ticket in a couple of days to let you know of any updates.

Thanks.

JRT
Rising Star

Hi folks,

It's looking like the Back Office have finally sorted the account and hopefully that will be the end of this episode.  I shall be conviinced when notification of February's bill appears in the nexzt couple of weeks.  Many thanks to Adam and the Support Team for their efforts,

Best regards,

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for getting back to us @JRT 

That's good to see, let us know if you encounter any further issues when your next bill comes around.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
JRT
Rising Star

Fix

Hi folks,

I think this story is now at an end. I've just seen the February bill and all is well.  Shame it was such a long-drawnout process, but we got there in the end.

Many thanks to PM folks for their efforts, my issue is now fixed  

Best regards

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Glad to it's fully resolved for you now @JRT.

Feel free to get back in touch with should you need further assistance,

Thanks.