cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Left due to price rise, but still have a live Plusnet Fibre/ Talk on my account.

stoswald
Grafter

Left due to price rise, but still have a live Plusnet Fibre/ Talk on my account.

I moved to Sky on Thursday 8th September (all be it late at night)

There is a line closure service note on my account saying 

Service Notification
1:00pm, Thursday 8 Sep 2016
Scheduled cancellation date updated to 15-09-2016 for Line Only Product 39473035

Why the 15th? I have had no emails from yourselves to say sorry you are leaving, or you've left PN and we will charge you an extra £30 as you've returned to LLU etc....

I estimate my final bill will be low as there was an over payment last month and I have already paid in advance from 9th September to 16th September.

I hope this doesn't turn into a mess like @JessicasDad

Steve

7 REPLIES 7
JessicasDad
Dabbler

Re: Left due to price rise, but still have a live Plusnet Fibre/ Talk on my account.

It's probably because you still have a final bill to be generated.

My account was marked for closure but then there was an internal note on it that the closure was delayed due to a DD processing.

Then the automated systems took over, noted the account was active and generated a DD for the next month that shouldn't have been generated.

I think it's a shame that the system can't have a flag of some sort to say that the customer is leaving and so don't process anything automatically.

I was able to cancel my DD rather than have the money taken and then be waiting on a refund, but reading some of the other threads on here, others have had more hassle.

Hope you get it all sorted out ok!

Ross

stoswald
Grafter

Re: Left due to price rise, but still have a live Plusnet Fibre/ Talk on my account.

Thanks for that. 

The phone gets cancelled tomorrow, even though I have had Sky Talk since a week last Thursday - will see what the system requests.  Lets hope it works it out correctly for me.  Cheesy

stoswald
Grafter

Um nope - just sent be another bill for the next month!!!!

JessicasDad
Dabbler

And let me guess - it's for Broadband (without phone)?

That's what mine was for because the phone part of the account had been closed but the broadband side was still active....

Ross

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules

stoswald
Grafter

You WIN!!!

That is correct.  I fired off an email to the Chief Exec last night demanding answers!

stoswald
Grafter

Sent a complaint to Andy Baker over the weekend regarding over charging, not heard anything from him, his PA or the complaints team.

Someone in accounts opened another ticket

to put my ticket

on hold for another week!   Why wait till the DD has cleared? you can work out the overpayment and (any) final charges before the payment is mad and refund immediately !!  Are you really so scared I will cancel the DD?

@JessicasDad  Ross glad you've got the result you want...

JessicasDad
Dabbler

I think the problem is that for some reason their system doesn't seem to let them do anything while a payment is processing, so they have to wait until it either completes (or in my case fails).

I'm sure they will eventually work it out - it's just slightly frustrating while waiting on them doing so.

And thanks - I'm glad it's all sorted now Smiley

Ross