Did you mean: 

Left Plusnet & incorrectly charged on Bills

mickeyetc
Grafter

Re: Left Plusnet & incorrectly charged on Bills

Hi

blah blah b;lah 

just a heads up to all the customers that read this

I was mis-sold a product from plusnet and when I spoke to the tech team to clarify that plusnets broadband would do what I required the tech lady seemed uneducated and asked me "what is a VPN". so I cancelled my broadband/telephone as it was unfit for my working from home and I wasn't prepared to gamble that it would work.

All seemed fine, I got an email to say that there was no charge as I was in the 14 day cooling off period. (10 days)

To my horror these last few weeks as I noticed that the direct debits that was supposed to have been cancelled were being taken out. 3 months in total. I quickly got online and cancelled my direct debit on my banking app then contacted PlusNet.

The call took nearly 2 hours to get through and I was told that their updated system had issues and they would send out to my address a Cheque for the services I did not receive. This deadline for the cheque was today and it never arrived.

To make things worse when I cancelled the Direct debit I got numerous TxTs and emails threatening me to restrict my services and have additional costs put onto my account as the direct debits had been cancelled.

So this was the last straw.

I have passed all the correspondences to the Ombudsman and also the research team at the BBC watchdog programme.

I have spent about 12 hours in phone calls over the last 3 months and they have gotten me no where Once the Ombudsman has dealt with this Company I will be seeking litigation

mickeyetc
Grafter

I suggest anyone having issues like me and a lot of PlusNet customers should contact the ombudsman first

then if you really want to highlight how this company is dealing with your cancelations, pass it onto the BBC watchdog team

dragona
Grafter

Still no progress, still needs to be cancelled there are no active tickets regarding cancellation and next bill is produced Monday.........
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, I'm sorry that we can't promise that the issue will be resolved by Monday as it's still being worked on. If the direct debit has been cancelled then no payment would process. If that isn't the case we will refund that urgently. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
dragona
Grafter

Had an email about a final bill today. (Noticed that the cancellation date it is being calculated from is not the original cancellation date of October 3rd)

Contacted billing to find out and was told account still active..... I was Transferred and then cut off when giving details of the account.

Upon calling back unfortunately i struck gold again with yet another sarcastic customer service agent who starts shouting at me and when matching his demeanour I was told to stop shouting at him.

I wanted some simple information.
1. Final bill amount (which should be £0)
2. Which address it was sent to
3.If the incorrectly charged Line Rental was being removed

Right from the get go I was cut short, when trying to explain things and his voice was continually raised.

The answers I got the following:
1.He told us we were still in a contract
2.The only way an address change can be made is if i request it so it was my fault that a final bill will be sent to the old address (I assume a change was made on 29th by Plusnet to facilitate closure of the account)
3. (I didn't get this far)

He felt it was more important to find out my new provider which is the second time this has happened.

Is it possible to find out exactly what is going on? I can see the account is closed since calling but it seems I will never receive a final bill which although should be £0.00 would still be appreciated to find out if this has also been messed up aswell as not going to the correct address.

Many Thanks
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @dragona, I'm sincerely sorry to hear and see the ordeal you've been through since the house move that took place back in September. I've looked into your account in great detail today regarding how things were dealt with and any amounts owed moving forwards. As I can't mentioned billing account specifics over this support channel I have raised a ticket on your account which can be located here.
I hope this answers any and all queries you had and if there's anything else we can help you with moving forwards please do let us know.