Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Left Plusnet & incorrectly charged on Bills

dragona
Grafter

Left Plusnet & incorrectly charged on Bills

Morning all,

Left Plusnet due to botched home move - various promises were made and not met and most customer service agents have been terrible including one yelling over the phone. We have a new provider at the only line in the house.

Earlier in the year we paid in advance for line rental for 1 year which still has 4 months left at least - told we can't get a refund despite your inability to provide PSTN services to us without ceasing them days later.

We paid in advance for a fibre service we were unable to have due to a cease being put in place immediately at the old address (28/08/18 was set as cease date instead of 28/09/18)
For this we had a deduction off the bill for that service and then a small charge for 2 days at the new address before you ceased that line "accidentally". This is fine - further down the bill you have then charged line rental for the new house from the 28th (we are on line rental saver)
Then on the next line down you are charging line rental for the next month which we have still paid in advance for using line rental saver.

We cancelled on the 3rd, we have a cancellation e-mail but called back when we got the bill of £0.19 and told we had not cancelled and would be done then. At this time we were also told that he can see the problem and the £0.19 would be removed.

I have received yet another e-mail today saying you were unable to take payment - for a service you failed to provide.

Is anyone able to have a look at the account? It seems it has been cancelled now as i have almost no options.

Many Thanks
20 REPLIES 20
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Re: Left Plusnet & incorrectly charged on Bills

Hi @dragona,

Thank you for getting in touch and I'm sorry to see you had this experience with our services. Please accept my apologies for the frustration this has caused you.

I can see you have spoken with someone today and this has be sorted, they have left a ticket on the account here.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you out with.

dragona
Grafter

Unfortunately the conversation wasn't really helpful and they have simply cancelled the account for the third time now, i fail to see how this will change anything since it seems to have done nothing on the first 2 occasions, we were also told you still supplying a number ending 2819 which was supposed to be the number for the house we reside in now. Calling the full number comes up with "Invalid Number". (This has been the case since 02/09/18 when Plusnet screwed up the new address.)

We have been told to cancel a phone line we do not actually have (Cancellation #3) simply wait for billing to work out a final bill... we cancelled 3 weeks ago - how long does it actually take them because you can "accidentally" cut us off in hours but so far 3 weeks to cancel and i know it really is easy to cease a line Plusnet already managed that twice by "accident".

Is the account actually cancelled because i can forsee another e-mail where we are billed for another month of line rental that we do not want, do not use, do not have and is actually paid for even if there were no issues.

Many Thanks
abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Hi @dragona,

Thanks for getting back to us, I appreciate it.

I have sent you an update here.

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks – Tahir

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
dragona
Grafter

Hi,

Still getting charged line rental account is still not cancelled.

This is beyond a joke we shouldn't even be getting billed line rental anyway. Line rental saver was paid 08/02/18 for 12 months so there shouldn't even be a charge generated if you still provided our phone line how difficult can it be to cancel. What telephone number are you even charging it against? I can assure you you have failed to provide services of any kind for a significant amount of time.

[CSA Removed] - CSC Analyst
11:35am, Wednesday 7 Nov 2018
***internal***
We do not arrange account cancellations. The £0.19 has been refunded to the customer. Please raise this issue with the correct team.

Kind regards,

[CSA Removed]

This right here (will probably get deleted) is a prime example of the type of people that work here, how about you just refer it to the correct department instead of having it bounced around another 4 or 5 times before getting there.

I'd like to take this opportunity to point out that we have cancelled.... many times within the correct time frame. we were never refunded any money for the lack of service provided due to your error, the reimbursement was instead used to pay a bill on the account that should never have been generated (Last Month). and just to reiterate... we have cancelled many times within the correct time frame, you seem to like telling us over the phone that we have never cancelled, It was at the start of October when we cancelled and multiple times since.  You have failed to provide since mid September due to an error on your behalf (except for 2 days at new house then failed to provide again due to your error).

This needs sorting out. The length of time to cancel is just atrocious.

Many Thanks

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): CSA name(s) removed (to an area staff can see) as per Forum rules.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I can see you've spoken with someone regarding this who is dealing with the matter personally for you.

We'll update you as soon as we know more

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
dragona
Grafter

Surely there is something majorly wrong if we can't get a cancellation through, It should be a simple enough process but the forums are rife with exactly the same complaints.

It feels like there is just no end in sight.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

I've checked with our billing team and we've managed to get the account cancelled today.

We'll update the open ticket shortly

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
dragona
Grafter

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I was reviewing the tickets when I got thread update and saw a new ticket from you about restoring the billing date to 17/12/18 I assume this is to enable the cancellation?

Many Thanks
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, yes. When we schedule an account cancellation it reverts any previous changes made to the billing date.

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
dragona
Grafter

Is there any update on this? I haven't seen any updates on tickets.

Many Thanks
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hello @dragona, thanks for getting back in touch. The latest update can be found here.

dragona
Grafter

Hi, just reviewed the new tickets and saw a new one saying unable to place cease, effectively because we have no line with you I assume, is this going to be a problem?

Thanks
Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @dragona,

Thanks for getting in touch and I am sorry to hear that you have had issues closing your account.

I have reviewed your account and as the details are account specific I have responded via a ticket on your account you can view here

If you have any further questions feel free to get in touch.

- Warwick

gwbgwb

Hi,

I have the same problem. I am still being charged for a service which was transferred to Sky at the end of July.

I have been on the phone with support, tried web chat with no success. I have even received refunds via cheque for the charges and after cancelling the direct debit I have received yet another bill for a cancellation in October when this should have been cancelled in July... I also received a cancellation confirmation in September confirming the service was cancelled and there were no additional charges due. Copy of mail below.

We're sad to hear that you've requested to cancel your Plusnet services, but we've done as you asked and placed your cancellation request.

The cancellation will take place on 12th September 2018.

Cancellation charges

There are no cancellation charges.

I have received an email demanding more money and if this is not paid in less than 14 days it will go to debt collectors. They have also stated the service was cancelled at the end of October. This is incorrect.

Can you please sort this error as it is extremely frustrating.

Regards,
Gareth