cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Left Plusnet after contract expiration - asked to pay cessation charge and 14 days notice charges

FIXED
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Left Plusnet after contract expiration - asked to pay cessation charge and 14 days notice charge

If your service is transferring to BT retail/consumer, the cessation fee shouldn’t apply.
From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Batcho

Re: Left Plusnet after contract expiration - asked to pay cessation charge and 14 days notice charge

Thank you, that's what I thought. Are you able to arrange for my card payment to be refunded or tell me who I should contact?

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

You should not have called, just let BT do everything. If you call to cancel then yes you will have to pay cancelation, but also BT won't be able to provide your new service until the cancelation goes through. 

You also run the risk of having a new phone number.

Have a look at Broadband Choices guide - other guidance is available.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I’ll take a closer look tomorrow when I’m back in the office Smiley

In the meantime, may I ask why you’ve decided to leave us?
From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Batcho

Thanks very much indeed.

My husband wants to get fibre as your speeds were very slow in our area at the weekends and he has found a good deal with BT. Thanks again for your help, it's appreciated.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

It looks like the adviser has arranged for your account to be cancelled.

I've stopped this cancellation now as if there are any delays with your new provider then you'll be left without a service. We'll manually close your account down when your line has been transferred away.

I'll also refund what you've paid us yesterday.

My husband wants to get fibre as your speeds were very slow in our area at the weekends

We'll be able to offer you fibre broadband, and I'll be happy to arrange a call back from our sales team if you like? Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet