cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving

dennisb66
Grafter

Leaving

Hi everyone,my years with Plusnet have been great, however it's now time to leave. Cry    Because I spend the summer months at my caravan I have decided to go  3 MiFi, in fact I'm using MiFi at the moment.
    Can i please be advised how I cancel my broadband AND phone.
Thank you
Dennis
18 REPLIES 18
Mattz0r
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Leaving

Just give the Customer Options Team a call on 0845 140 6002 - Select the option for "Thinking of leaving" - They're available Monday to Friday 9am to 8pm and Saturdays 9am to 5:30pm
Cheers,
Matt
dennisb66
Grafter

Thanks Matt, have now cancelled. :'(Would have been nice if plusnet had MiFi)
Mattz0r
Rising Star

No worries - And people on here moan that it's so hard to cancel....
This shows that it's not!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Sorry to hear you're leaving dennisb66!
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Quote from: Mattz0r

They tried to keep me by interrogating me.  Are your staff after commission PN?
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

That is a part of their job
scoobydoo1
Grafter

Quote from: NorthEasterner
Quote from: Mattz0r

They tried to keep me by interrogating me.  Are your staff after commission PN?

its a last ditch attempt to keep you by (normally offering you a discount or maybe a better deal than your moving too)
pwatson
Rising Star

If you're definitely wanting to leave I've found the best technique is to say you're emigrating when you call in.  Saves a lot of time... Smiley
Of course, this won't work if you want a MAC!!
saif1a
Dabbler

Please can someone advise why my Broadband and phone with PlusNet is still continuing while my start date with TalkTalk has already started on 20-21st August 2013. It suggests to me, I will be billed from both companies.
Surely Talk Talk has communicated my start date and PlusNet should have closed my line so I can put the other router in place and also commence the telephone service with TalkTalk. I have tested the Talk Talk router and it is active and working.
Please can someone tell me how to get through to PlusNet to amend my billing to reflect the actual cut off date as communicated between TalkTalk and PlusNet. Recently their customer service takes 20-40 minutes to connect. I have tried many different times of day and could not get response in the time stated by automated response. My wireless phone battery dies before I can get any response.
I've tried calling the new customer line and they respond within a few mins.
From my experience over the years, IT REALLY IS DIFFICULT TO LEAVE. MEANWHILE THEY MAKE THE MONEY THEY IGNORE YOUR MESSAGES AND CALLS FOR HELP.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Duplicate post in another thread removed
Note that TalkTalk are not responsible for advising Plusnet - it is supposed to be automatic with notification by BT Openreach but it sometimes goes adrift
I suggest raising a ticket here https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=wizard&page=22236&wizard_id=38 advising the date your connection with TalkTalk went live (router connects and works)
As a point - now that TalkTalk is live your Plusnet broadband won't work BUT as the Plusnet router uses TR-069 to auto configure as do TalkTalk you may find the the Plusnet router has been configured to connect to TalkTalk
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: Oh you want to cancel eh, we will make that very expensive for you!

Please can someone advise why my Broadband and phone with PlusNet is still continuing while my start date with TalkTalk has already started on 20-21st August 2013. It suggests to me, I will be billed from both companies.
Its not possible to have Broadband (or phone) service on one line from two companies at the same time. If your PlusNet router still connects then your service is still with them, if it doesn't and the TT router connects then your service has migrated. As to billing, well that's a different matter, if your service has migrated to TT and they haven't confirmed that, then PlusNet may still think they are supplying it.  
BUT as the Plusnet router uses TR-069 to auto configure as do TalkTalk you may find the the Plusnet router has been configured to connect to TalkTalk
AFAIK that can't happen, the PlusNet router is configured to talk to the PlusNet TR-069 server so there's no way it's going to get any TT details...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Oldjim
Resting Legend

As  I said in my PM that isn't necessarily correct
I had a Plusnet supplied Dlink router with the Plusnet TR069 and it not only worked on TalkTalk but set itself up automatically when I loaned it to a friend to help with diagnosis of a problem
Talking to staff here about it the opinion was that TalkTalk only looked at the line which the router connected to and activated the router as the TR069 isn't specific to Plusnet. Note that Plusnet look at the line and the router serial number I believe
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

I guess that's typical of TT then, assume if its on our network, it's one of ours and don't bother to authenticate it! Roll_eyes

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Maybe not quite that simple but I believe that if a line is connected to their network and enabled for broadband then, subject to verifying the account (via identification of the line rather than any login), it will connect (I don't like TT but this seems a simple and sensible approach).
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.