cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving sadly due to price rise

thegame2k0
Grafter

Leaving sadly due to price rise

I currently have tv,phone and fibre from plusnet i recieved the price rise email yesterday and decided that was the last straw as i was already annoyed with plusnet from not honouring cashback when i joined, i looked at bt they are offering fibre and phone for £26.99p/m.
Am i right in thinking there will be no early termination fee even though i'm in contract?
Also if plusnet can match that bt deal i would be pursaded to stay i really don't care about tv as i rarely use it i use netflix and other services more.
22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Leaving sadly due to price rise

Shouldn't that be 29.90PCM as you appear to have forgotten the £35 connection fee, apply the £50 gift card and that's 25.74 but assuming this is the same deal I'm looking at then that also has a 20G/PM data limit, which could easily be burned in a weekend watching Netflix!
Maybe not such a good deal after all.

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi there,
Sorry to hear that you're thinking of leaving. You are correct in that termination charges won't apply within 30 days of receipt of the email.
Best bet is to speak with our Customer Options team on 0800 013 2632.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Blake
Grafter

Qoute the offer you have seen to COT on 0330 123 9197,  there has been issues with cashback but don't give up.
Ask what the cashback tracker says and make sure a cashback escalation has been done,  if still no joy you will need to call at a later date and get the advisor to add your case to the priority tracker (only possible where a cashback escalation process has been followed beforehand)
thegame2k0
Grafter

The cashback i've given up on it's been 11 months now plusnet did pay the TCB cashback but not the £75 i was told i'd additionally recieve from pn themselves, one advisor said i'd get it, another said i won't get it as i had a half price offer, another said i will defo get it, then another said i won't talk about confusing lol, the offer with bt included a £50 Sainsburys voucher plus £150 quidco cashback which has already tracked, i don't expect plusnet to offer me cashback or vouchers to stay loll be nice if they did.
The issue with calling customer support is the horendous waiting times to get through to anyone.
thegame2k0
Grafter

@matty and @Blake thanks for the advice did what you advised and pn have matched bts offer Smiley also was only a matter of seconds until i was connected to a advisor.
billy06

do you have email conformation of this though? i only ask as i'm still waiting
thegame2k0
Grafter

Not yet @Billy but if nothing is confrmed in the next 10 days i'll proceed with my BT switch as i haven't cancelled that yet, pn have given me 14 days cooling off too with BT due in 14 days i'm keeping my options open just incase.
billy06

same here, I even did online chat and supposedly PN re-sent the email to one of my other email addys of  which i haven't received either, amazingly the conscript of the chat script came through straight away  Undecided
thegame2k0
Grafter

I've just recieved a email but it only confirms my new 24 month contract no details of prices, however i phoned them though.
Blake
Grafter

I wouldn't worry about the details as if you had any issues there is a recording of the call.
Glad you got it sorted Smiley
A couple people I know got paid cashback from quidco despite their order to the ISP being cancelled,  perhaps you will also get lucky!
thegame2k0
Grafter

After much thought i've decided i will be going ahead with the switch to BT the cashback and bt sport lite being free is the deal breaker for me.
monabri
Grafter

I've been with Plusnet but I've made a note to cancel
monabri
Grafter

Have a look at the Post office
thegame2k0
Grafter

I looked at post office as got my mobile sim with them but sadly they don't do fibre, fast speeds is a must for me as all my tv viewing is done online and i'm a online gamer too.