Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving plusnet. calling retentions was a waste of time

pint
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Leaving plusnet. calling retentions was a waste of time

edit - plusnets offer will cost about £400 for the first 12 months, Now will cost £240 for 12 months

salmo
Rising Star

I moved from Plusnet to Now about 10 months ago. The change went smoothly with little downtime. I changed from PN ADSL to Now ADSL at £18 pm including free anytime calls. I went through TopCashback and received £68 six months after moving to Now bringing the price for 12 months down to the equivalent of £12-75 pm. If you go down this route make sure you clear your history before going to TCB site. (You probably knew this anyway). 

I was worried about losing my phone number but the site that Topcashback directed me to was the Now site so no problem.

Incidentally I phoned up Now a couple of weeks ago as they are offering super fibre with free anytime calls for £20 pm and I upgraded with no trouble although had to take out a new 12 month contract.

I moved from Plusnet because of problems with billing. Apart from that PN Customer Service was excellent. The retention deal I was offered was good. I haven't had to call Now except for the upgrade so can't comment on their Customer Service.

pint
Aspiring Pro

Will give them one last try tommorow evening.

The surprising thing through all of this, is in previous years they ( plusnet) alomost fought to keep me,  and I assume other customers and matched, or come close enough to competitors deals. with the last two calls they just cant be arsed.

Plusnet will cost £400 over 12 months

Now will cost £240 for the same time period

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

@pint wrote:

However when ive renewed in the past Plusnet have been quite keen and enthusiastic , this time wound it was completely different - although if i remember right there was a retention's number ( this is going in via the standard CS numbers)

Have you tried the Customer Options Team (Retentions) on 0800 013 2632?

Mon-Fri 8 till 8   Sat 9 till 7   Sun 9 till 6

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for the post back @pint

I'm really sorry to see you're still having issues discussing a new deal with us. 

I'm still happy to arrange for someone to call you back.

Feel free to PM me your contact number & a good time-frame for a call, if you'd like me to. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
pint
Aspiring Pro

Will give another try at about 7ish

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

No worries @pint, let me know at any stage if you'd like me to arrange a call back.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
pint
Aspiring Pro

got through and again, nope.

put me on hold to ask a "manager", and the reply was nope best offer £33.36 ( inclusive of call package)

pint
Aspiring Pro