cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving plus net few questions

scotslass86
Grafter

Leaving plus net few questions

Ive decided to leave plus net mainly because i cant afford it anymore and now talk talk is unbundled in my exchange they can offer me alot better prices. Their website says i dont need to do anything just sign up is that correct? i dont have to call plusnet or anything myself? and can someone from plus net confirm that as ive completed a year with the company i would recieve any charges for moving on? thanks
14 REPLIES 14
James
Grafter

Re: Leaving plus net few questions

Hi there,
Really sad to see you leaving.
In order to cancel your account you will need to speak to our cancellations team and they may even be able to come up with an offer to tempt you to stay Smiley
scotslass86
Grafter

hi, me too been really happy with my service at plus net and know from experaince i wont recieve the same customer service with talk talk but £17 for unlimited broadband and phone compared to my current £30 for 10gb and phone is a big difference unfortunatly
thank you Smiley
brokengreen
Dabbler

Me too I'm afraid, I've been with Plusnet over 5 years now, always paid on time hardly ever go over my 15 gig limit but as soon as I get near it in comes the email, you will be charged a £1 a gig if you go over.
Having had a good look around I can get unlimited broardband,(and i do mean unlimited) for about £17 a month,at the moment I pay Plusnet £14.50, for another £2.50 I get unlimited broardband much faster download speeds,Plusnet want another £11 odd to give me a extra 60 gigs.
I will give them a call to see if they can do a better deal for me, if not I'm off.
scotslass86
Grafter

would still appreciate confirmation that im out of contract and will owe nothing to leave before i put things in motion
James
Grafter

Hi,
Yes if you migrate to another supplier, there would be no cancellation fee.
scotslass86
Grafter

thats perfect, also you mentioned before that id have to call to cancel, is that just so i can be encouraged to stay? because talk talk said i dont need to do anything they take care of all that? id really rather not call unless i have too
James
Grafter

I'm afraid that we would need a phone call for all of our cancellations (or a letter).
They'll certainly encourage you to stay and may be able to come up with something that would make you want to do so.
Appreciate that you would be moving due to cost, but there are some other factors to take into account.
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/isp/compare.html?isp_77=1&isp_22=1&commit=Compare
scotslass86
Grafter

ok thanks will call.
Can i also ask a favour for a family member whos just moved into a new house didnt have phone or broadband before ive recommended plus net as they are in cheaper area than me. There is a bt line at the address would this person have to be pay any fee for getting connected?
James
Grafter

Is there is a stopped line at the property that we can restart, there would not be an activation fee to provide telephone service.
scotslass86
Grafter

ok ive been informed that i need to call to either cancel plusnet or call to request a MAC code before i can leave or i will be charged BUT talk talk are telling me that i have NOT to cancel my current service and that they DONT need a MAC code from me so surely i will get charged the £25 charge from plus net, dont know why it has to be so confusing leaving talk talk originally to come to plus net was relatively simply  Huh so what exactly am i meant to say when i call plus net hey im leaving but dont cancel me yet and i dont want a mac code thanks Huh
James
Grafter

Call us once you have moved to Talk Talk and we'll ensure that your account is closed properly.
Appreciate that you don't need a MAC as TalkTalk are fully unbundled.
scotslass86
Grafter

thanks that makes more sense Smiley im i right in thinking that if it dosnt work out with talk talk i wont be able to come back and will have to go to BT? and pay a hefty reconnection charge?
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

If you decide to leave TalkTalk you may find it far harder than joining (apart from issues with the cost). We've seen many examples of Plusnet placing orders for TT users which are cancelled by TT (which they then deny).
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
scotslass86
Grafter

yeah i know i was with talk talk before coming to plusnet a year ago and they were a bit of a nightmare especially when it came to leaving but its purely a cost issue id save £12 ish a month and really need to cut my bills somewhere Sad