cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving, how to avoid early cancellation fee?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,603

Re: Leaving, how to avoid early cancellation fee?

This isn't correct I'm afraid. I recognise you pay in advance for your services and you're leaving us partway during your billing cycle so we'll provide a refund to cover the time for the service you've not had in your final bill that'll generate within 20 days after your account is cancelled. I'd also like to clarify my name is Anoush (the same person who's emailed you) Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Animal88
Dabbler

Ok, I suspect I'll be back in a few weeks then... 🙂

Sorry, I didn't notice you were both the same Anoush!

Thanks for sorting those issues...

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Haha no problem @Animal88 you’re not the first and you likely won’t be the last to make that mistake Cheesy

Do let me know though if there‘s anything I can do to keep you with us? Would be sad to see you go after so long!

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Animal88
Dabbler

We received one refund, issued on the 21 Oct, on 27 Oct, but the other two earlier ones issued on 20 Oct and 21 Oct haven't appeared... 😢

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Thanks for getting back to me @Animal88 

Those would’ve been applied as goodwill credits which will go towards your final bill, my post Here explains Smiley

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Animal88
Dabbler

Thanks for clarifying that.

I've also noticed that next months bill is still £43.50 instead of the contract fixed price of £25.99.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem @Animal88

I've dropped you an email to hopefully clarify this too.

Let me know if you've got further queries.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Animal88
Dabbler

So will the final bill be calculated based on 25.99 or 43.50...?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @Animal88

I've gone into more detail in an email. If you've got further queries about your bills it may be worth replying to the support ticket on your account Here and I'll still get back to you. There's only so much information I can provide publicly due to data protection. Let me know though if you do have further queries. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Animal88
Dabbler

Well, the price went up last month, within the contract period, hence why I asked a very specific question which you appear to be avoiding answering... 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @Animal88

I'm sorry to see you feel that way.

I haven't purposely avoided the question, I figured that my explanation on the ticket would suffice and answer it. Smiley

Simply put though, that's not relevant, because it's not the way final bills work. 

When we generate your final bill this will include any outstanding credit, a pro-rata credit for any subscription fees you may have paid us in advance for a service we haven't provided you with, and if you're in contract then a pro-rata early termination charge for the days you've got left on your contract.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet