Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving due to Price Increases

stoswald
Grafter

Leaving due to Price Increases

Hello Accounts

Please note I am giving you notice (within 30 days) that I intend to leave Plusnet for another supplier.

I am doing so further to your email of 15 July 2016, that states If, as a result of the changes in this email, you decided to terminate your affected service(s), you may do so without incurring any early termination charges that may otherwise be payable. If you wish to exercise this right you must contact us within 30 days of receiving this notification and give us 14 days notice. You will still be liable for service charges up to the date of termination.

Unfortunately I do not own a landline phone since it was damaged my my children.  I can only use email .

Will you please act on this posting as my formal request.

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Leaving due to Price Increases

I very much doubt that this will be accepted

In which case I suggest writing in via snail mail

stoswald
Grafter

Cheers.  Will use the phone at work.... grrr

Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

As Oldjim has mentioned, we don't accept cancellation requests via the forums I'm afraid. Calling our 0800 number is free from landlines and mobiles though.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
stoswald
Grafter

TBH It should be. Will find a phone and call you guys to get the ball rolling.

Edit :  Just called the number on the email and they are closed....  Angry

BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

Our customer options team are open from 8am-8pm Monday to Friday, 9am-7pm Saturday and 9am-6pm on Sundays. If you try contacting that number again during these times then someone will be there to assist you.

Minivanman
Legend
Fixes: 1

So what is the price increase? 

I have yet to hear anything.

Truth is like a threshing machine; tender sensibilities must keep out of the way.
Herman Melville
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@Minivanman

If you are not joking then it is on the home page at http://plus.net and show below for you.

You can double check if Plusnet has already sent it and you've missed it by looking at your Support Tickets on the Plusnet Members Centre at https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=search (login required)

Select "Closed Questions within a date range" and complete the 2 dates (say last 2 months). Click "Go" and look at the closed tickets. A copy will appear in there when Plusnet send out the email to you

** Price and product changes – 1st September 2016

The following pricing and product changes will apply from 1st September 2016 as set out below:-

• Line rental will increase from £16.99 per month to £17.99 per month.
  • For existing customers on Evening & Weekends and Anytime call plans, and any new customers signing up to these plans before 1st September 2016:-

• The Evening & Weekends call plan will increase from £3.00 per month to £3.50 per month from 1st September 2016.
    • The Anytime call plan will increase from £6.00 per month to £6.50 per month from 1st September 2016.

New Call Plans

• From 1st September we will offer two new call plans :-

• Evening & Weekend UK & Mobile Calls at £4.00 per month.
    • Unlimited UK & Mobile Calls at £8.00 per month.

The new call plans will be available to new customers signing up on or after 1st September 2016 and existing customers may change their call plans after this date. The current Evening and Weekends and Anytime call plans will no longer be available to new phone customers from this date, however existing customers may remain on these plans. For more details on the new call plans, please see our FAQ.

• For Plusnet Unlimited broadband only customers, Unlimited broadband only customers and Value broadband only customers:-
    • Plusnet Unlimited broadband will increase for existing customers from £12.49 per month to £13.49 per month for customers in low cost areas (otherwise from £19.49 per month to £20.49 per month).
    • Unlimited broadband will increase for new and existing customers from £12.49 per month to £13.49 per month for customers in low cost areas (otherwise from £19.99 per month to £20.99 per month).
    • Value broadband (no longer available to new customers) will increase from £7.99 per month to £8.99 per month for customers in low cost areas (otherwise from £14.49 per month to £15.49 per month).
  • For Essentials broadband and phone customers and Value broadband and phone customers:-
    • Essentials broadband will increase from £5.99 per month to £6.99 per month for customers in low cost areas (otherwise from £12.99 per month to £13.99 per month).
    • Value broadband will increase from £6.49 per month to £7.49 per month for customers in low cost areas (otherwise from £12.99 per month to £13.99 per month).
  • Our call set up fee will increase from 16p to 19p.
  • Geographic call charges to 01, 02 and 03 will increase from 10p per minute to 12.54p per minute, and mobile call charges will decrease from 13p per minute to 12.54p per minute.
  • Our engineer charge will increase from £50 to £65.
  • Our early termination charges will change. How much depends on your package.

For more details on the pricing and product changes see our FAQ

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Minivanman
Legend
Fixes: 1

No, not joking.

Thanks for the information, appreciated.

Truth is like a threshing machine; tender sensibilities must keep out of the way.
Herman Melville
BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

You should be receiving your notification email at some point today regarding the increase.