cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving charge and broadband switch not acknowledged?

cszombie
Dabbler

Leaving charge and broadband switch not acknowledged?

Just a query about my switch, i'm leaving plusnet and i've received a letter saying i have to pay £11.29 from my phone part of the service, however when i looked on my account it said i had 0 months left of my contract, so i'm confused as to why i'm being charged £11.29, also you haven't acknowledged that i'm changing my broadband supplier as well.

Could you address both these issues please and let me know what i need to do.

9 REPLIES 9
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Re: Leaving charge and broadband switch not acknowledged?

@cszombie wrote:

...... received a letter saying i have to pay £11.29 from my phone part of the service, however when i looked on my account it said i had 0 months left of my contract,

Could this be for phone calls which have not yet been charged? 

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

cszombie
Dabbler

No, it says "you'll need to pay a charge for the remaining months...."

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hi @cszombie,

Thanks for getting in touch.

As my response includes some account specific information I have created a ticket you can view here.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist with.

brent78

I have a similar issue to this having recently switched my ISP to another company from Plusnet. My online account still reads as if the broadband part of it is still active (with an upcoming bill for it due 02/10/18, despite having switched on 24/08/18 and making what I thought was my final bill early Sept), with only the phone service having been removed. I was under the impression that when switching ISP I wouldn't have to get in touch with anybody and that everything would be taken care of automatically but despite my new broadband account elsewhere having been active since August (and the Plusnet router/broadband service no longer being active at my end), it just feels like I've been left in some kinda Plusnet limbo. I just want my Plusnet account to be cancelled now.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Sorry to hear this.

I'm looking into this for you now and I'll update you via your thread shortly.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
cszombie
Dabbler

Hi, thanks for looking into it, what about my broadband, i'm due to have the new service activated on 27th September and Plusnet haven't acknowledged this yet, only the phone.

gerrarda
Dabbler

I had exactly same thing happen. Switched to bt in August and plusnet sent me bill for £39 for september! 3 times now they have said they’d sort it and another than actually taking £39 out of my account they have done nothing! Oftel going to get involved
cszombie
Dabbler

Can someone PLEASE reply back to my original question and request on the support thread, i'm being IGNORED, have you received my switch for BROADBAND? My new service goes live on 27th September, i do NOT wish to still be charged by Plusnet for a service i'm not using and have informed you more than 5 times now that i wont be having after 27th September.

Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Hi @cszombie I am sorry for the delay in responding to this message. I have looked at your account and can see that you managed to speak to an advisor via web chat and this question is now resolved here

Hi @gerrarda , sorry to hear about issues you are facing and for the length of time taken to deal with this issue appropriately. I have updated you on our next course of action via a ticket here

Should either of you have any further questions please let us know.