Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving Plusnet

Jamesw1976
Dabbler

Leaving Plusnet

Hi All

Sorry to say but i'm leaving Plusnet. I have no particular issues but having come out of my deal i've looked around and seen cheaper deals out there.

My question is that at the end of the ordering process with my new provider i was asked to contact my current provider (PlusNet) and notify them of my intent to leave.

Everywhere i look on the Plusnet site it says not to contact them and to let the process happen in the background.

Any advice as the last thread i found was from 2017?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
jamesanstee
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Leaving Plusnet

No need to inform plusnet  as long as you are out of contract just go ahead sign up with you're new provider they take care of the rest. Ive just moved from plusnet and the transfer was easy.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to My Account

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi James,

Thanks for getting in touch, I appreciate your query. I'm happy to clarify for you.

If you're transferring your services and number to your new provider they should deal with the entire process and there is no need to advise us. If not, you should contact our Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632 to advise when you want your services ceasing, between the following hours:

Monday - Friday: 08:00 - 20:00
Saturday: 09:00 - 19:00
Sunday: 09:00 - 18:00

Thanks - LF

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

Isn't Virgin an exception since they have their own network and don't use Openreach/BTW?
LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Yes you're right, @Browni. If moving to Virgin you should contact us to discuss the services cease date.

Thanks - LF