cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving Plusnet

denwyn
Rising Star

Leaving Plusnet

Been with Plusnet a long time now, have fibre BB, our contract ends 22.03.20, what is the earliest I can leave without getting penalised. Had new offer through today, not to bad, but I can get faster fibre with Vodaphone for same money, don’t want to phone to discuss, yes I did get good offer last time, but always feel pressured, they never take into account we’re not all youngsters, and bamboozle you with non stop banter. Also am I right in thinking I no longer need to ask for a MAC code.

Thanks 

1 REPLY 1
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Leaving Plusnet

Hi there,

I'm sorry to see you're wanting to leave us and you feel pressured when you call, this absolutely isn't what I'd expect and I'm sorry to hear that.

I'm happy to arrange for somebody from our customer options team to call you back if it's easier and you'd want to give us another chance? 

If you are set on leaving and your contract term ends on 22nd March then to avoid an early termination fee you'll need to ask your new provider to takeover your services after then. 

As long as you're moving to another provider who uses the Openreach network and aren't moving house, your new provider will be able to takeover your line and this will trigger a cancellation request on our side to cancel your account down.

We'll then generate your final bill within 21 days which if your account is cancelled after your contract ends this would be a refund of anything you've paid for a service you've not had.

We'll send any refund back to a bank account if there's an active direct debit otherwise we'll post a cheque out to you. 

I hope this helps 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet