cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving Plusnet

ReShand

Leaving Plusnet

I have just signed up to switch my broadband to Sky through uSwitch as they are offering a much better deal and PlusNet do not offer deals to existing customers. 

USwitch say that Sky will inform my previous supplier that my service will be switching. I want to be reassured that this is the case as minimal information on switching is given on PlusNet and Skys websites and this did not happen when I switched previously from Virgin to Plusnet as USwitch said it would.

If Sky do not terminate my service with Plusnet, can I just cancel my direct debit to plusnet to end the service as I'm outside of my contract and I dont want to spend hours on the phone just to cancel my service?

3 REPLIES 3
Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

Re: Leaving Plusnet

@ReShand wrote:

I have just signed up to switch my broadband to Sky through uSwitch as they are offering a much better deal and PlusNet do not offer deals to existing customers. 

Wherever did you get that idea from? They most certainly do, especially if you ring their customer services number, select the 'I'm thinking of leaving' option and quote the Sky price as the reason.

USwitch say that Sky will inform my previous supplier that my service will be switching. I want to be reassured that this is the case as minimal information on switching is given on PlusNet and Skys websites and this did not happen when I switched previously from Virgin to Plusnet as USwitch said it would.

It should.

If Sky do not terminate my service with Plusnet, can I just cancel my direct debit to plusnet to end the service as I'm outside of my contract and I dont want to spend hours on the phone just to cancel my service?

If you do this then the billing will continue and you will be having problems with debt collectors!

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

salmo
Rising Star

I switched to Sky about 6 months ago with no problems. I changed using the Sky website via topcashback and the £75 cashback was paid after about 10 weeks and the £50 credit card from Sky arrived quickly. 

Plusnet do offer retention deals but I've found that the first call usually produces a poor offer. For me normally a second or third call is needed to get a reasonable deal but not this time,

So far Sky have been good but the true test will come if I have a problem. 

Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

Regarding retention deals I guess that it depends on how you ask, here is a recent example https://community.plus.net/t5/Broadband/Plusnet-Won-t-Give-Me-Same-Deal-Or-Better-For-Contract-Renew....

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'