Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving Plusnet within contract period due to price increases

brightonbelle
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Leaving Plusnet within contract period due to price increases

My mum is a phone + broadband customer with Plusnet. Her minimum contract period runs out this December. She has just received an email saying she can leave early if she wants to without an early termination charge because of the recent price increases.

Just get in touch with us on 0800 587 1960 within a month of receiving this email and give us 14 days’ notice.

Obviously if she does leave she'll need to get a replacement provider. Normally when you go to a new provider the new provider sorts out all the notice for the old one and you don't even have to tell the old provider yourself - what happens in these circumstances?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Leaving Plusnet within contract period due to price increases

While the new provider will handle the transfer unless she goes to a cable company like Virgin Media, to make sure we don't charge an early termination fee once the migration has happened she'll need to call us on 0800 587 1960 beforehand.

We'll then remove the contract length from the account, or place a marker for the system to not apply a termination fee should the migration happen within 30 days from then. 

I hope this helps. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
brightonbelle
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Thank you @Gandalf - so she calls you, you set a flag on the account, then she can go to the new provider - does she need to specify to the new provider not to action the transfer until at least 14 days but at most 30 days have passed?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

As long as the new provider's transfer order completes within 30 days starting from the conversation she has with us, it should be fine. Our 14 day notice period is a bit irrelevant in these cases as it takes pretty much that to transfer a service to another provider anyway. 

Let me know if there are any issues or there's anything you're unsure of. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
amuckelt32
Grafter
Fixes: 2

Hi Gandalf

If you leave on this basis do you get a refund of any used LRS fee?

Thanks

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @amuckelt32 Yes, on this basis you're entitled to a pro-rata refund of any remaining line rental saver you have left. Let us know if you've got any further queries.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet