Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving Plusnet - timing

jerryw
Grafter

Leaving Plusnet - timing

Hello

My 18 month contract ends on 1st August. If I wanted to move elsewhere, would I have to wait until then, or is it possible to arrange something sooner?

5 REPLIES 5
Longliner
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 8

Re: Leaving Plusnet - timing

You can leave anytime but you will have to pay an early termination charge based on the months left on your contract. 

jerryw
Grafter

OK, obviously not precise enough! ... can I leave, or arrange a contract to leave, before the contract expires on 1 August, without incurring extra charges

With my lpg gas contract you can do that any time in the two months prior to expiry..

bill888
Champion
Fixes: 38

Which ISP are you moving to?

If you choose to leave before 1st August, you have to pay early termination fees to Plusnet.  Period.

Only exception is if you wish to move to BT or EE.  You would need to speak to Plusnet's Customer Options Team so they can put a marker on the account, so you won't need to pay early termination fees.

https://www.plus.net/help/my-account/early-termination-charges/ 

ex-Plusnet (ADSL, FTTC) 2008-2023. now BT (FTTP) 2023-
Baldrick1
Fixes: 425

@jerryw 

Remember that you pay a month in advance. Consequently if you leave after the 2nd July but before the contract ends on the 1st August, the early termination ‘charge’ is in reality a reduction in the refund you will be due for the days after you leave, for which you have already paid, not a bill.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

jerryw
Grafter

Ah, thanks for the link. I haven't decided which isp yet, or even if I am definitely leaving. I am not happy with Plusnet but probably can be bought off 🙂

I was wondering if I could tee up another isp beforehand, to take over only from 1 August.