Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving Plusnet in June

bennykkf
Dabbler

Leaving Plusnet in June

Hi,

I'm going to leave Plusnet this month on 28th June (also the month to end my 12months contract). Because I'm moving the broadband and phone before the end of my minimum term, hence I'm being told an early termination charge at £1.99 will be charged. 

Just received the June bill and it mentioned "We'll soon be taking a payment of £46.90 for your service. This will leave your account on or after 10th June 2022."

However, I checked my May bill it charged me at £28.40, which I can't understand the June bill so far. 

Does anyone would help and advise?

8 REPLIES 8
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Re: Leaving Plusnet in June

Does your contract end about the 10th June or 10th July? Also have you got a confirmed date when your contract will end or is the projected transfer date?. I can imagine 3 possible scenarios.

1- Your contract runs out around June 10 and the agent mistakenly gave you the cancellation charge for the day you advised that you were leaving. In this case you will be charged the full out of contract rate for the next month. After you leave the remaining days will be refunded.

2. There is confusion over the contract start/end date. To be honest I don’t know if it starts the day you signed up or the day that your service became live. This again could trigger the out of contract monthly charge.

3. Not unknown, the Plusnet billing system is wrong.

Only a Plusnet staffer can give a definite answer.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

bennykkf
Dabbler

My contract end at 28June, hopefully it is just an mistaken or something I mis-understanding
Baldrick1

If your billing date is around the 10th June and your contract ends the 28th June then that probably explains it. Plusnet only bill in complete months. As your next bill for a full month will be a combination of in contract and out of contract days then Plusnet will likely charge the full out of contract rate for the full month. If you stayed you would get a credit for the days that you were still in contract at the end of the billing month. As you are leaving you should get a refund for the days after the date that you leave up to the end of the billing month at the appropriate rate.

Whilst you have requested a particular date this can vary depending on technician availability on the day.

Moderator and Customer

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

To be clear, until the account closes (things can go wrong and you would not want to be without service - would you?) Plusnet will continue to bill as normal each month - IN ADVANCE.  Given that you are at the end of your discounted period, the next bill will be at the non-discounted price as advised at the start of the contract.

After the account closes, Plusnet will process the final bill, which will refund any IN ADVANCE over payments.  Final bills typically take 21 days to process.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

bennykkf
Dabbler

Hopefully everything goes as said, and here attached the latest 3 months bill breakdown, its also making me so confusion as lots of entry which I don't know which exactly is saying the charge in advance..... XD

May.pngApril.pngJune.png

DelT
Grafter
Fixes: 4

Hi bennykkf

From the information provided it seems that your billing date is the 1st of the month and your contract end date was 01/06/2022.

The 1 June bill assumes you will be with PN for the whole of the month. After you leave you should receive a final bill that will make adjustments for any over payment.

The June bill charges show 1month’s Line Rental of £23.19 and 1month’s Fibre Extra of £24.35, but as you were still in contract for one day on 1 June you have a discount of 1/30 of your monthly discount of £19.14 = £0.64 making a total bill of £23.19 + £24.35 - £0.64 = £46.90.

Your May bill of £28.40 was your normal contracted discounted amount after the 9.3% March 31 increase.

The April bill is also for the post increase amount but with adustments applied for 1/31 of amounts applicable for 31/03/22. i.e
1/31 x £21.22 = -£0.68 refund for Line Rental on March’s bill.
1/31 x £23.19 = +£0.75 post increase Line Rental not paid on March’s bill.
1/31 x £22.28 = -£0.72 refund for Fibre Extra on March’s bill.
1/31 x ££24.35 = +£0.79 post increase Fibre Extra not paid on March’s bill.
1/31 x £17.51 = +£0.56 discount removed from March’s bill.
1/31 x £19.14 = - £0.62 discount applied at new rate not on March’s bill.

So £0.08 added to new contacted amount of £28.40 = £28.40.

bennykkf
Dabbler

In fact, my contract shall be ended at 28th June, that’s why the charge and calculation make me confuse….
Baldrick1

@bennykkf 

Is it possible that your previous contract ended on the 28th of the month but you renewed this early triggering a change in the end date of your current contract?

Have you looked back at the current contract email that you would have received when you took it out confirming the new contract details?

Moderator and Customer