cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving Plusnet -how does it affect Youview?

FIXED
rogadodge
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Leaving Plusnet -how does it affect Youview?

With the latest price increase and all the very cheap offers from other providers I'd be foolish not to consider leaving Plusnet. It all seems so easy except that I can't find information on what happens to Youview?
I have the full Youview package (except the sport), if I leave Plusnet can I take out a separate subscription for Youview via Plusnet or do I have to find another provider?
My bill is going up by £1.50 pm, but it's not solely that when you consider I can save £200+ by switching provider.
It will be a sad day but I have to look after my own best interests.
5 REPLIES 5
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Re: Leaving Plusnet -how does it affect Youview?

Fix
As far as I am aware you loose YV as well, as you have to have fibre from PN to get it.
Your option would be BT or TT they both have YV as additons.
rogadodge
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Thanks. Will look into it.
Tagger
Grafter

If you leave Plusnet, the YouView box will still be a YouView box.  It will continue to do all the things that YouView boxes do, except that you will lose any services that are specific to Plusnet.

My BT YouView box still allows me to record, and I can still use the catch-up services.

HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

It will resort to being a FREEVIEW+ box, no extra internet channels, which is what the OP wanted.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you're thinking of leaving us.

Just to confirm from a staff response, if you leave us you'll lose your Plusnet YouView service too. But, as already mentioned, I believe other providers provide a similar service.

If you haven't already, I'd recommend getting in touch with our Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632 (Selecting Option 1 then Option 2) and I'm sure we'll be able to provide you with the best deal we possibly can.

At the time of writing this, there is no wait time to get through to them and they are here until 8pm.

If there's absolutely anything I can do for you to help keep you as a customer, please let me know.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet