Did you mean: 

Leaving Plusnet after 5 years

FIXED
snadge
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 6

Leaving Plusnet after 5 years

Hi, this is for a staff member-

I am moving away from FTTC to FTTP - Plusnet does not offer FTTP or IPv6.

can a member of staff tell me when my last 'reduced' bill is and when is best to swap ISPs (to BT FTTP 900) so that there is no downtime and I'm not paying for 2 months (BT+Plusnet), I'm aware i may have to pay a bit extra during the overlap? but shouldn't be much

my current deal (63/20) runs out on 3rd December and I don't want to pay the £47 it goes up to...

when should i order BT - or whens best?

EDIT: Im aware PN is getting FTTP soon but I refuse to sign up another 18 months contract on a whim + I wouldn't be allowed to switch

thanks

Tags (1)
12 REPLIES 12
RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

Re: Leaving Plusnet after 5 years

@snadge 

PN will allow you to transfer to BT in the pursuit of FTTP without penalty, even before your contract ends.

e.g.  See this post

And IMO it's almost a certainty that if you stayed with PN and the promise of FTTP actually materialises, you'd be allowed to transfer to it.

PS - I'm not a staff member though.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @snadge,

If you're looking to cancel the account within the next couple of months then you'd be best off discussing this with our Cancellations Team who can be reached on 0800 013 2632 between the hours of 8AM-8PM from Monday to Friday, 9AM-7PM on Saturdays and 9AM-6PM on Sundays. The way our contracts work, the final date of the contract is set before the billing date of that respective month. This means that if the final date of your contract is the 3rd of December, the November bill will be the last invoice to feature any of the contracted discounts.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
pint
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Plusnet are due to start offering FTTP by the Summer of 2021
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

@pint A bit difficult - we are very close to Autumn 2021. 😉

John
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

There's no official word on FTTP just yet @pint so I'd be careful with such posts - I'm guessing you mean 2022 as well.

@snadge as per my colleague's post, the best thing to do would be to contact our Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632 to discuss this with them. I'm not that clued up with how long it takes other providers to provision FTTP but if you have a general idea, it's best to let our team know so that they can make sure you aren't left with no service throughout the transfer. Smiley

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
RobPN
Seasoned Hero

@jab1 @adam945 

I'm guessing that was a tongue in cheek comment from @pint because earlier in the year ISPreview reported that PN had 'announced' that FTTP would happen in summer 2021, but that was quickly changed to autumn 2021 / later in the year.

But perhaps 2022 will be nearer the mark Roll_eyes  @adam945 , because as you say, there's still no official word despite the earlier report.  

Edit:  typo

snadge
Aspiring Pro

Fix

thanks, guys, I've signed up with BT directly online and they will handle it, 8/11/21 is the install date and I'm guessing that's when my DD starts too?

i refuse to wait for Plusnet, if IPv6 waiting times are anything to go by i wouldn't be so excited about FTTP via Plusnet soon.

whats is VERY strange though, is that PLUSNET is really an extension to BT so you would have thought Plusnet would be one of the suppliers out the gate..

thanks everyone

snadge
Aspiring Pro

@ RobPN - im a bit lost on the whole "no penalty" thing?  I've read that once an area with FTTP has more than 75% take-up, they stop copper sales after the fact..i dunno how that works, more like I'm lost in it all n would like to know & understand the whole thing proper about FTTP take up / no more copper services - then what etc?

can you educate me please

thanks

RobPN
Seasoned Hero

@snadge wrote:

@ RobPN - im a bit lost on the whole "no penalty" thing?  ...

... can you educate me please

@snadge 

I was simply referring to the fact that you wouldn't be hit by 'early termination of contract' charges (if you moved to BT or EE for FTTP).  Wink

snadge
Aspiring Pro

thanks RobPN - your the second person to tell me that now, is it literally those two ISPs and FTTP  = no early termination charges? is that because its ALL BT anyway?

RobPN
Seasoned Hero

Yep @snadge , it only applies to a transfer to just those two other ISPs from the BT stable, because after all, any loss of profit due to BT via PN will be a gain in profit for one of the others as they all pee in the same pot eventually.

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

@snadge wrote:

@ RobPN - im a bit lost on the whole "no penalty" thing?  I've read that once an area with FTTP has more than 75% take-up, they stop copper sales after the fact..i dunno how that works, more like I'm lost in it all n would like to know & understand the whole thing proper about FTTP take up / no more copper services - then what etc?

can you educate me please

thanks

OpenReach will stop selling new copper line products. Existing products will continue to operate until later on in the switchover period. At some point all lines in an exchange will be moved to a digital service.

Note that existing the existing physical copper lines will be left in place - it is the PSTN network that is being withdrawn.

Brian