cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving Plusnet. Why is it so hard?

andrewjh35

Leaving Plusnet. Why is it so hard?

Hi, hoping that someone can help

I will be leaving my current address on May 2, and moving in with someone else, so I want my broadband/phone service with Plusnet to end. I'm aware there may be a notice period and a degree of overlap in billing, but that isn't the issue. The problem is trying to communicate to Plusnet that I want to leave!

I tried calling. Couldn't get through. I tried Live Chat. They advised me to call. I tried calling again. And again. I either hang on waiting for the phone to be answered for ages or I get cut off. A week on and I am still unable to tell Plusnet that I am leaving. I have not had this problem with any of the other companies I've notified. All of them seem to have well-laid out, clear and easy methods for closing accounts or useful communications options.

There is a slight additional complicating factor as I am currently renting. The landlord has asked that the phone isn't disconnected when I leave. In my desperation I have tried to find a mail address to write to but to be honest I wouldn't even be confident that they would get the letter, forward it to the right department, read it and then act on it.

Is there any other way to contact Plusnet? I would buy and train a carrier pigeon, but I'm not sure I could manage it in the space of ten days. Alternatively are there any Plusnet staff monitoring this forum who can help?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

Re: Leaving Plusnet. Why is it so hard?

I have phoned later in the evening quite recently and got straight through. Also, Customer Options always (for me) answer much quicker. See https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/contact/

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Give the Customer Options Team a call on 0800 013 2632 and select "thinking of leaving". They are the team who handle cancellations. Taking the "thinking of leaving" option on the main number should also take you there.

David
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there.

As @spraxyt has advised, I'd too recommend calling us on 0800 013 2632. Best to choose option 1 then option 1 to route to our house moves team as they deal with cancellations as a result of moving house, as well as house moves.

However, it's unlikely we'll be able to keep the phone line active if you're wanting your account closed.

I'd advise asking your landlord or new tenants to sign up to an ISP of their choice to reactivate the phone line.

Sorry for any wait you may experience.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
andrewjh35

Thanks for all the replies. 

I have been trying the customer options line, in fact I tried again this morning. Fifteen minutes sitting there listening to the same message and still not able to get through. I am really at the end of my tether with this. 

andrewjh35

Finally got through! Perseverance pays off.

Thanks to everyone who took the time to reply.