Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving Plusnet Amicably ?

kac11
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Leaving Plusnet Amicably ?

Sorry, didn't realise the posting police were about. Forget it.

7 REPLIES 7
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Leaving Plusnet Amicably ?

kac11
Dabbler

Sometimes I fail to understand humanity. Why do some people get such pleasure from attacking others ?

Don't worry, I'll just leave !

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

I hope you don't mind, but I've delved into the edit history of your post to see if I can answer your questions, even though you're leaving us we still really want to help, who knows you might even come back some time in the future.

@kac11 wote:

I have let my Phone Line Rental Saver run out, and have 1 month left on my broadband contract. Can I leave in this next month, or do I have wait until the day my contract ends?

If you leave us anytime after the 10th of February there will be no early termination charges.

Can I be sure there will be no cessation charges. Potentially I will be switching to Now, Sky, Post Office or SSE, definitely not Virgin, so there should be no charges

Plusnet no longer charge the £30.00 cessation fee for residential customers as of the 1st September 2018

I have read some horrendous complaints about Plusnet taking too much money when people leave and not giving it back,

Feel free to cancel the direct debit and pay any final fees by card should you wish, I'm sure you've read reports of people being charged more than they expected (that doesn't necessarily mean they're always wrong. Whilst I'm sure there have been some genuine problems what it's easy to forget is that Social Media and the Plusnet Community are places where people go when they've had issues or been let down by the contact centre. The public nature of them makes them an attractive place to complain and you won't see the thousands of people that leave us without incident every day. 

a possible data breach - but I haven't heard a thing from Plusnet about this, which seems wrong. Another company notified me that my account with them was being subjected to multiple hacking attempts at the end of September, which caused me a lot of problems. I am now wondering if this was all caused by data from Plusnet.

This impacted a tiny number of customers, all of whom have been contacted directly, if you haven't heard from us you weren't one of them.

Plusnet accused me of illegal downloads - which I was innocent of and I did get help with, but it still irritates me that I got no right of reply or chance of justice. I was accused, assumed guilty, and that was it

in fairness, this isn't Plusnet doing this, this is an industry-wide process that aims to reduce copyright theft. If you haven't downloaded something then there may be a problem with their data, and you're perfectly in your rights to deny downloading anything, but there is no consequence to receiving the copyright letter.

I also had a problem trying to join Plusnet Mobile, I just couldn't get the price being advertised and was just fobbed off - and last night I found I am blocked on Twitter by Plusnet's main account (Not Plusnet Help), that I presume is because I questioned the mobile deal I couldn't get. What a way to treat a long term customer.

That's interesting, we wouldn't block someone for complaining about the availability of a deal. If you'd like to tell me your Twitter handle  I'd love to look into that.

I feel that the things I have read mean Plusnet is almost trying to make people stay through fear of what they will charge if you do try and leave, and that is wrong.

We will charge you if you leave, but only if you are in your minimum term contract and the terms of which are made extremely clear before the contract begins. As far as I'm aware, we're one of the very few large providers that offers a no contract option.

One final thing - does anyone know if John Lewis broadband have their own billing and customer service, or do Plusnet take care of all that?

Plusnet take care of it all

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi @kac11

I'm sorry to see you're thinking about leaving us.

I picked this up just before you edited it, and as I was typing a response @JonoH obviously types faster and beat me to it. Just to add to his response, if you'd like a call back to discuss a new deal feel free to PM me and I'll be happy to arrange this.

Hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
kac11
Dabbler

Thank you for the replies Gandalf and JonoH. I appreciate it.

As I have around 4 weeks left on my contract I will give more thought to the matter and see what suits me best nearer the time.

Thanks for your help as always.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem.

We're here if you need us.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hey @kac11

Just picked up your tweet and passed this to @JonoH

This should be sorted for you now. Let us know if you still have problems viewing the @plusnet Twitter page.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet