Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving Plusnet Amicably - part 2

kac11
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Leaving Plusnet Amicably - part 2

Hi guys. I am sure you will remember my post last month asking for advice on leaving Plusnet amicably. I had a lot of help from JonoH and Gandalf.  I have done weeks of research into what offers are available from Plusnet and elsewhere, and on Sunday morning I rang in and discussed my contract and problems, and it was quickly evident there was nothing to entice me to stay, and no interest in the fact I prefer to keep up with my bills, and I was cast adrift and chose my new provider.

I really hope it will be a smooth and friendly transition. But already I have an e,mail from Plusnet about charges.

JonoH told me - If you leave us anytime after the 10th of February there will be no early termination charges.

The e.mail tells me - Because you're moving your phone service before the end of your minimum term, you will be subject to early termination charges. These have been calculated at £3.66

JonoH also told me - Feel free to cancel the direct debit and pay any final fees by card should you wish.

So please let me point out that I am very happy to pay anything I actually owe, but I can't get into a situation where I am overcharged and playing mind games with Plusnet accounts department about getting a refund.

Still trying to leave amicably.

2 REPLIES 2
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Leaving Plusnet Amicably - part 2

Hi there, 

Sorry about this, as ETC fees are calculated automatically we don't have a way of waiving them (which is what we want to do) before the invoice is generated. We'll need to wait for that to happen and as soon as it has been I'll arrange a refund for you. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
kac11
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Re: Leaving Plusnet Amicably - part 2

Thanks Adam. I just hope I get an invoice in advance of having any money taken.