Hello

If I leave Plus Net is there any way to keep or redirect my emails

Regards

Steve

8 REPLIES 8
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: Leaving PlusNet

I believe that you can keep the email account free of charge but you must organise it before you leave. I would have a back up plan in case it goes awry.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good afternoon steve489 

It is possible to downgrade to a email only package and I think it's free at present unlike BT who charge £7.50 per month after 60 days what will happen in the future is anyone's guess.

You MUST ask to be downgraded when you cancel as I don't think its possible to keep the email only package once the account is closed.

I changed to Gmail ( which I find excellent I get 15GB of storage very few spam emails even though Gmail may be spying on me  )  so I don't have a problem if/when I change providers

Brian A

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from General Chat to My Account / Billing

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
steve489

I contacted PLusNet webchat and they said I could not retain my email address or forward my email if I closed my account

No matter, I think a lesson learnt. I need an independent email from Plus Net

Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Unfortunately the truth depends on the degree of training and experience that agents have. Maybe a Plusnet staffer will come along and either confirm this change of policy, or otherwise?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

This has already been escalated by the SUs.

If you want to retain your existing email accounts when migrating, you MUST contact the customer options team (I am thinking of leaving option) and advise them that you plan to migrate but wish to retain your existing email addresses.

DO NOT say you are cancelling your service - leave that to the gaining provider led process or you might find that your new supplier will not be able to place the take over orders until after the PlusNET service has been cancelled by BT.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately as normal with PlusNet the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing you will get different answers from various staff/departments

This is from their Help & Support

It's possible, when requesting an account cancellation, to request a downgrade to a mail only package. For more information, please see our cancellation policy.

Alternatively, you can discuss your options with our Customer Options Team.

We're available on 0800 432 0200 or 0345 140 0200 between 8am and 8pm Monday to Friday, 9am and 7pm on Saturdays, then 9am and 6pm Sunday (except bank holidays).

Brian A

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Hi steve489

I'm sorry for the miscommunication there has been when getting in touch with the Support Centre. It is possible for you to downgrade to a mail account, but as advised above you do need to request this when speaking with our Customer Options Team.

Regards

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team