cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving PlusNet but keep e-mail account and landline number

PaulRG

Leaving PlusNet but keep e-mail account and landline number

I'm an existing PlusNet customer (ADSL copper broadband and landline phone), but am now looking to leave as we have Ultrafast broadband in our area. I have signed up with Sipgate basic and currently have a temporary VOIP phone number with them. I would also like to retain my PlusNet email mailboxes after the migration.

I'm a little confused in what order I should do everything! I don't actually have the ultrafast connection up and running yet, so obviously that will be first. I then need to port my existing landline number from PlusNet to Sipgate (initiated by Sipgate, I believe), let PlusNet know I'd like to keep an e-mail-only account, and finally cease my PlusNet broadband/phone services and stop paying for them. What would be the best way to proceed?

4 REPLIES 4
mort7890
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Leaving PlusNet but keep e-mail account and landline number

It is possible to keep email and details are somewhere on this site of what to do

PaulRG

Thanks - had found that thread.

I was after advice on what *order* to do things in really, i.e. ask Sipgate to port phone number, ask PlusNet to go to e-mail-only account, ask PlusNet to cease landline/ADSL service etc.

mort7890
Pro
Fixes: 4

I think sipgate once you complete the order will port your number ansd cease plusnet but in the meantime ask plusnet to change to email account only. Best of luck

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Home Phone to My Account / Billing

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'