Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving PlusNet - Question

FIXED
davidreed19
Hooked

Leaving PlusNet - Question

Hi,

I'm currently a PlusNet broadband customer (without phone) but am switching over to Sky next week, and just wondered if it was normal not to hear anything from PlusNet yet about leaving?

We heard from BT about leaving them (for the phone and calls part) almost immediately, but nothing from PlusNet at all.

Sky said everything would happen automatically, so will it be when the line and broadband switches over that we'll hear from PlusNet, or is it likely I'll need to then contact them to sort things out?

Thanks,
David

4 REPLIES 4
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Leaving PlusNet - Question

Hi David, as the line rental isn't with us it's unlikely we'd get a notification of the transfer over to them as they operate on a separate network to providers such as ourselves and BT so it would be best to get in touch with our customer options team as per the details here to request cancellation: https://www.plus.net/help/legal/cancellation-policy/

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Fix

Upon further investigation we can see your broadband is due to cease with us tomorrow and (presumably) activate with your new provider on this day as well. We'll close your account once that's happened and we'll generate your final bill within 21 days which will include a refund of anything you've paid for a service you've not had.

All the best with your new provider and I hope you choose to return in the future Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
davidreed19
Hooked

Thanks for the update. I'll certainly consider PlusNet again once my Sky contract is up, as I've had no problems over the last few years, but the deals in the January sales for new signups were just too good in comparison.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

No problen David, let us know if there's anything else you'd need help with. Cheers

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet