cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving Plus Net

bwals92
Dabbler

Leaving Plus Net

I called another provider today, and since they are offering a better deal I decided to take them up on their offer.
This is mainly due to the fact that my current speed barely scrapes 1.5meg. They say they can guarentee 2-7meg? Hmm, apparently plusnet can't.
The operator told me I would not need a MAC code as they don't use them.
He also said, if I am not in a contract, I cannot be charged. My plusnet account and various other sources tell me that I will be charged if I cancel.
I started my contract in January 2011, and my contract has ended. So why am I being told in my account summary that there is an cessation charge of £25.00?
I was not told about this when I joined?
3 REPLIES 3
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Leaving Plus Net

You were told about it - it was in the Terms and Conditions
If the broadband line is ceased then there is a charge
If you are moving to full LLU so there shouldn't be http://www.plus.net/support/customer_service/billing/cessation_charges.shtml
bwals92
Dabbler

Thanks Jim, you're helpful.
I never actually received a copy of the terms and conditions.
I think they were read out to me over the phone very quickly when I signed up and I must have missed it.
I will contact plusnet on Monday and discuss the reasons I wish to leave, I will just have to see if they value my custom  Smiley
On the bright side, I've obtained £40 cashback and a £25 love to shop voucher, so if there are any charges for the switch, it won't cost me anything.
Also, by switching I will save £90 throughout 2012.
Happy Days!
pierre_pierre
Grafter

dont forget you have to give 10 days notice