cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving PN whilst still in contract.

bin
Aspiring Pro

Leaving PN whilst still in contract.

Sadly PN are not able to provide the phone side of the service that fits into what I would prefer. When I enquired about moving just phone away I  was advised that I would have to sign a new 1 yr BB contract at double what I'm now paying!

Anyhoo - I'm shopping around and just wanted to check that I am correct in my understanding.

If I find a new provider, I sign up with them and they notify PN of the change.

Once PN are aware they will advise of appropriate charges and then once collected that will be that.

Any flaws in this please?

4 REPLIES 4
teddysmum
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Re: Leaving PN whilst still in contract.

Bills are calculated before they are published, so you may be automatically debited for a regular bill which is for a period beyond your leaving date, as well as having a leaving bill. This is quite usual, though someone on MSE forums was confused by it, but you will  be reimbursed, if you leave your direct debit open to receive the money.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Sorry to hear you've decided to leave us

After you've placed an order with your new provider [assuming it's not a cable service like Virgin Media] we'll receive notification of that and we'll let you know by email.

Once your services have migrated away, we'll work out your final bill/any due refunds and we will then cancel your account.

I hope this helps

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
bin
Aspiring Pro

@teddysmum - thanks for the advice re the DD

@Gandalf - much appreciated and thanks for your help with various problems.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

No problems at all, all the best for the future.

Anoush
From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet