Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving PN for new supplier? Questions re cessation fee etc etc

limpopobongo
Dabbler

Leaving PN for new supplier? Questions re cessation fee etc etc

Hi all,

I have been a PN customer for coming up on 12 months now and im soon to be out of contract. 

After that they plan to increase my monthly fee. Im just on basic broadband plus weekend calls i think.

I presume to swap suppliers i simply initiate a new deal with the new supplier and they deal with the swap over and communication with PN? I dont really need to speak to PN as that would cause confusion?Huh

Also cessation fee.

If i initiate a swap with a supplier that uses openreach network ,will i be charged ?

Are there any circumstances under which i will not be charged?

For example, if i switch to sky (non openreach) are openreach even involved or do sky have their own people to do the physical switch?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Re: Leaving PN for new supplier? Questions re cessation fee etc etc

Hi @limpopobongo

Welcome to the forum, it's a shame that your first post is to tell us that you're looking to leave us, you're correct that all you need to do is let your new supplier know and they will do the rest and that if there is no cease from the network then there shouldn't be a cessation charge.

That being said we'd love to keep you as a customer, have you tried contacting our Customer options team either by Live Chat or by phone on 0800 432 0200 to see what we can offer you?

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager