Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving - Can please confirm no charges

Alplus1
Dabbler

Leaving - Can please confirm no charges

Hi,

Can someone please confirm I am free from any termination charge.

My line rental Saver expires next month and my original Plusnet Contract Expired in 2011! Unsure about renewal but surely as Line Rental Expiring I have the right to terminate especially as prices also rising June for Broadband.

User Name: [Removed]

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Username removed from a public forum (to an area that staff can see).

6 REPLIES 6
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: Leaving - Can please confirm no charges

You can check for any contract termination costs by looking at your Product Summary in the Members Centre or us ethe direct link https://www.plus.net/my.html?s=0&action=account_summary

It will show in the Cost column and have the words "upon cancellation"  after the actual cost.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Alplus1
Dabbler

Thanks but it's giving me conflicting information:

Also, what about the right to cancel because of the price rises?

PLUSNET.jpg

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

I would suggest calling Plusnet to get clarity on the Cessation charge. 

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

The cessation charge is only applicable if you cancelling totally and not moving to another ISP or if the ISP you are moving to does not use BT Wholesale to supply the service; otherwise it is not charged. This is a charge BT apply to Plusnet and they just pass the charge on. It is not waived if you are moving because of a price increase. In any case, how long is it since you received the email notifying you of the price increase?

See https://www.plus.net/help/my-account/charges-for-removing-broadband/

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Basically there are zero early termination charges shown. The Order Status column has to be "Actived" or "Active" to show the potential early exit charges.

The Cessation Charge is payable in any circumstance when you move to a provider who doesn't use the BTW network so at least  Virgin, Sky, TalkTalk (all ISPs who have their own equipment in the exchange or in Virgin's case, their own to the door network).  It covers the cost of moving away from the BTW network.

But as the others have said, call Plusnet and ask for confirmation.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @Alplus1,

Thank you for getting in touch. I can see that you have now discussed this with our customer options team and they have confirmed that, as you are leaving as a result of the price refresh, you won't be charged any early termination fees.

As @jelv and @SpendLessTime have mentioned, the £30 cessation charge would be due if you were to cancel your services outright without moving to a new provider or if you move to a provider that doesn't use BT Wholesale to supply the service.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team