cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leave or transfer?

DeeGee7

Leave or transfer?

I'm obviously a sucker.  I've been with Plusnet for 16 years, which means that I've been paying over the odds for my subscription compared to people who regularly switch.  When I ran my own business, I knew that retention of satisfied repeat customers was key to success, but many businesses nowadays think that they know better.

Last year I transferred my landline in to Plusnet. I discussed my contract with them and was promised a good deal as a loyal customer, but it still fell short of what a new customer would have been offered (i.e. no cashback). I accepted it because I didn't have the time to shop around.  Now my contract is coming up for renewal, and i see that Plusnet is offering one year's free broadband and £75 cashback, but only to people who aren't current customers, i.e. who haven't had Plusnet broadband for the last month.

It appears that one option is to end my contract when it expires, and let my wife apply, keeping our phone number, and qualifying for the new customer discount.  Has anybody on here done this?  How easily does it all happen?

The other option is to move to a different supplier.  How easy is switching nowadays?

1 REPLY 1
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Leave or transfer?

Hi there. I'm sorry to hear you're thinking about leaving us. If you would like to discuss a new deal, I'd recommend contacting our customer options on 0800 013 2632 or chat with them from here.

Let us know if you have any further queries.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet