Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leave Plusnet for FREE while in contract due to price increases

geekofbroadband
Grafter

Leave Plusnet for FREE while in contract due to price increases

So Plusnet are increasing their prices in June 2017,

"Our monthly line rental price will be £18.99 from 29th June 2017. We're making changes to some other prices and products, find out more here."

for the people in contract like myself, would we be allowed to leave for free when this happens?

24 REPLIES 24
Tagger
Grafter

Re: Leave Plusnet for FREE while in contract due to price increases

You will have to wait until you receive notification from Plusnet.  If your bill is going up, then you have the right to cancel the contract without penalty.  That's in consumer protection law, and OFCOM's rules.

Leapy
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 3

@geekofbroadband I'm sure the (12 or 18 month) contract price won't change, but the new fees will apply at contract end and as @Tagger says, if the contract prices do change than that is a breach of contact and you can leave at no cost and seek redress.

To me (and most PN customers) it means an extra £24 per year .Cry

Looks like lots of changes, all price related going up https://www.plus.net/#priceChange2017  Sad better read the small print Shocked

custos
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

I am still on a contract and have already had an increase before. This will mean I will be paying £36.00 more a year that I was at the start of the contract and that's not taking account of the call cost increases. The email I had last time said: 'We hope you're happy with your products and services but if you do decide to leave because of these changes, we won't apply any early termination charges. All we ask is that you call us to tell us within 30 days of getting this email and give us 14 days' notice.' I hope that helps.

St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

I wonder how things stand for all those customers who got free broadband deals about 8 months ago if they took out phone and internet together.

DaveyH
Champion
Fixes: 12

What's to wonder?

If you're costs go up in June (which they are for new and existing customers alike) then you're free to leave without penalty, it doesn't matter what offers where around you joined up...
davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

The links in this thread don't go to a page on proposed price increases Huh

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Looks like the link got garbled in the text editor here.

https://www.plus.net/#priceChange2017

If that doesn't work you can visit www.plus.net and look for the blue box with the announcement just below the main banner.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

davidj66
Aspiring Pro

Thanks -found the changes page - as my ALR is due for renewal early June (before rises) still looks good value but I'm in a bit of a quandary as I agreed an 18 month b/band deal last time which will run until Jan '18.

Do I pay "full price" for the bb until ALR renewal in 2018 ? I'll try to get another deal from PN but suspect I'll struggle!

Decisions,decisions.Sad

daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

... I'll try to get another deal from PN but suspect I'll struggle!

Why do you think that you may not get another deal when your contract is running out?

Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

By the end of June line rental will have gone up by 11.77% in less than a year while RPI is 3.1% and CPI 2.3%  (governments always insist the lower figure is the more accurate Laugh) and many people are getting no, or below inflation, pay rises.

Unless BT increase their prices, PN line rental will match that of BT but without the free weekend calls.

davidj66
Aspiring Pro

@daveplus because I would lose out on 5 months line rental if I left PN in Jan.18 to move b/band elsewhere which is the normal "threat"- don't believe that PN allow you to have line only contract

Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

If you're costs go up in June (which they are for new and existing customers alike) then you're free to leave without penalty, it doesn't matter what offers where around you joined up...

Question?

PN:
Does option to leave without penalty, apply to the BB element of package too if you want to cancel phone because of phone price uplift?Huh

My BB contract runs to August and have allowed my LRS to lapse on the phone side.

Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

Packages are now quoted as "including line rental" so when line rental goes up, the package price goes up.  It would therefore seem logical that you'd be able to move the whole package to another provider.

Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29