cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest bill in new format, no 'My Referalls' discount.

Pendragon
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Latest bill in new format, no 'My Referalls' discount.

Morning,

Just a heads up and checking if anyone else has the same problem.

Received my first new ‘updated’ invoice this morning but .... noted changes are as follows.

1. Only received one (1) email from Plusnet about the invoice change and the price charged (I usually get 2 one to my default mailbox and one to my ‘real’ inbox)

2 I have not received my usual 2 emails depicting the ‘My Referrals’ discount, has this discount been removed as it has not been applied to this latest bill. If so I have not received any notification about this change (that I can recall).

Please could anyone update me if possible, thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

Re: Latest bill in new format, no 'My Referalls' discount.

I have not been invoiced yet under the new system but I have noted that in the Current Referrals section of the Member Centre neither of my two referrals credits have appeared this month. The Current Referrals sections appears to have been updated as part of this new billing "refresh".

These referrals are billed on the 2nd and 4th of the month and are thus usually credited to my bill on the 7th of the month. I wait to see if they do appear in time or if PN will need to be chased. I wondered if those referrals bills have been delayed due to the introduction of the new billing system and if all will be sorted in due time.

It would be nice if PN could tell its customers exactly what is going on and what all the implications of the introduction of the new system are. Perhaps their rep here would care to comment? 

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

These referrals are billed on the 2nd and 4th of the month and are thus usually credited to my bill on the 7th of the month. I wait to see if they do appear in time or if PN will need to be chased. I wondered if those referrals bills have been delayed due to the introduction of the new billing system and if all will be sorted in due time.

@jgb I believe your 'wondering' is correct. Bills for the first few days of Sept have been slightly delayed and therefore if they included referrals then those won't have accrued on your account yet. Once the bills have been generated then the corresponding referral values should acrue on your account.

@Pendragon could the above explain why your referrals may be delayed ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Pendragon
Rising Star

@MisterW

I don’t think so, my bill usually goes out by DD in the first few days of the month and so far Plusnet have not failed to discount the bill by ‘My Referrals’ amount each month.

However this month even though the bill is late by a few days the discount has not been applied and as I said above I have had no notification of any amount that would be applied (this is usually sent by separate email and applied at source to the bill)

I have checked and the discounts are still marked as ‘active’ (one I know is marked to be ended out of the 3 I have).

I f I don’t get an ‘official’ reply here then I will just have to go the long rout and hit the phone lines, wish me luck.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 157

There is still work on-going with referrals.

From what I can see in my own referrals now, compared to that on 28th Aug, those which have not actually been "consumed" are reported as UNINVOICED referral credits under the new My Referrals listing.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Pendragon
Rising Star

Hummm, just logged in to the Member Center and it looks like my pages have received an update as a lot has changed.

So for info from the FAQ about the new bill format (not available in my browser this morning):-

"Yes, there are the following changes:

• You’ll start to see your referral credits included on your monthly bill, rather than as a separate statement. That means you won’t receive the usual email before your bill telling you how much you’ve earnt for referrals that month
  • Referral credits will be listed on your bill"

So far no credits have appeared on my bill so the above is not working for me. Also the ‘active’ accounts list ‘un-invoiced amounts as N/A’ which again is very odd. I think Plusnet needs to provide an update on if we can or cannot get credits from referrals if the referred account is a business class account.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 157

I believe there are no material changes, but there are some gremlins in what is visible in the referral reports. I have 31 referral tokens, residential and business. I see both good correlation to what was there pre change and some oddities similar to your report. Full details are with Plusnet for review.

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

I too have referrals missing from my September bill.

All four are missing and all are for residential accounts. As @Pendragon  says my Current Referrals page has all those Uninvoiced Referrals for active accounts showing as “N/A”.

I am awaiting a substantive response from Customer Services who have referred my case to the billing team.