cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Late payment but can't access site to pay.

dexta211
Hooked

Late payment but can't access site to pay.

My payment is late, I will be paying it later tonight but I am unable to access any of the Plusnet site due to the idiotic restrictions on my account.

Can someone please explain why you would restrict access to this?

Furthermore, once i've paid Plusnet will be all up to date - However i've had to endure a week with no wifi and stupid restrictions on what I'm allowed to browse... Doesn't seem fair to be honest - If it were more than a week late I might understand it..

3 REPLIES 3
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Re: Late payment but can't access site to pay.

Hi @dexta211

When you're within the first 14 days of an overdue payment, a "splash" screen should appear when you launch an Internet browser advising that a payment is due - you can then select "Acknowledge and Continue" to browse normally within that 14 day period.

However, some devices do not correctly display that splash screen (or display it at all) which causes the issues you've described.

I'd initially try launching a browser on a laptop (as this has the best chance of displaying the splash screen) and/or trying different browsers - we're always happy to remove these restrictions for you manually, but the system should allow you to do this via the splash screen.

Best wishes

Dave

dexta211
Hooked

Here we are a month later and due to financial issues I'm late with my payment again.

Why am I unable to use my WiFi?? Why am I unable to access some sites??

This stupid splash screen solution doesn't work. Please remove these restrictions asap.

This is happening when the payment is only a few days late. It's not like it's a few weeks late for god's sake.

Please advise.
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @dexta211,

Apologies for the delayed response. I can see that this has since been resolved, however I would suggest that it may be worth considering changing your billing date to help avoid this recurring from month to month. If you'd like to do this, please let us know and we'll be happy to help.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team